This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Space Trilogy Movies?

Open the pod bay doors, Hnau!

Re: re: Space Trilogy Movies?

Postby David » 28 Aug 2006, 20:25

Messenger_of_Eden wrote:
David wrote: his encounter with the Hrossa (who are like Ewoks) ...


Funny, I always imagined the Hrossa to be more like Wookies, only their faces were not quite the same, and their voices, in my mind, were more human (as much as I love Chewie's roar...)


Messenger, I agree with some of what you say. Hrossa are tall like Wookies, not short like Ewokes. So physically and in appearance they would be much closer to Chewie. But they are quiet, gentle creatures, at least as far as I understand them, but brave and courageous in battle. This is more like the Ewokes. No Ewoke would tear someone's arm off if he lost a game of holographic chess, but Han warns that Chewbacca had been known to do this sort of thing.
The way, the weather, the terrain, the discipline, the leadership. --Sun Tzu
User avatar
David
Wardrobian
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: May 2005
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan

re: Space Trilogy Movies?

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » 28 Aug 2006, 20:27

True....... :lol:
"If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself."--St. Augustine of Hippo
User avatar
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian
 
Posts: 6951
Joined: Dec 2005

Re: re: Space Trilogy Movies?

Postby Theo » 28 Aug 2006, 21:53

David wrote:Messenger, I agree with some of what you say. Hrossa are tall like Wookies, not short like Ewokes. So physically and in appearance they would be much closer to Chewie. But they are quiet, gentle creatures, at least as far as I understand them, but brave and courageous in battle. This is more like the Ewokes. No Ewoke would tear someone's arm off if he lost a game of holographic chess, but Han warns that Chewbacca had been known to do this sort of thing.


Gentle? They might look like teddy bears, but I remember the Ewoks as being vicious little savages. :) They also had an amazing number of - albeit primitive - war engines set up and just waiting.
Member of the Religious Tolerance Cabal of the Wardrobe

“First they came for Abdul Rahman and I spoke out because I was a Muslim. Then they came for the Palestinians and I raised hell because I was a Jew. Then they came for the Iraqis and I protested because I was an American. Then they came for the Muslims and I spoke out because I was a Christian, Then they came for the poor and I spoke out because I was rich. By the time they came for me, I had all the support a man could ask for.”
User avatar
Theo
Wardrobian
 
Posts: 777
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Uppsala, Sweden

Re: re: Space Trilogy Movies?

Postby David » 29 Aug 2006, 17:13

Theo wrote:[Gentle? They might look like teddy bears, but I remember the Ewoks as being vicious little savages. :) They also had an amazing number of - albeit primitive - war engines set up and just waiting.


The Ewoks did have an edge to them. But I understood they were defending their territory. If Darth Vader and his Storm Troopers were always tramping around your planet your might be a little defensive too.

The gentle part comes from the scene where one Ewok sees another (his beloved? her beloved?) has been killed and laments pathetically.
The way, the weather, the terrain, the discipline, the leadership. --Sun Tzu
User avatar
David
Wardrobian
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: May 2005
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan

re: Space Trilogy Movies?

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » 29 Aug 2006, 17:39

But weren't the Wookies kind of gentle too?
"If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself."--St. Augustine of Hippo
User avatar
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian
 
Posts: 6951
Joined: Dec 2005

Re: re: Space Trilogy Movies?

Postby David » 30 Aug 2006, 18:50

Messenger_of_Eden wrote:But weren't the Wookies kind of gentle too?


I don't remember that they were.
The way, the weather, the terrain, the discipline, the leadership. --Sun Tzu
User avatar
David
Wardrobian
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: May 2005
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan

Postby Maid of Ithilien » 15 Jan 2007, 03:56

I always thought the Wookies were like gentle warriors. They are "good" but you don't want to cross them.
User avatar
Maid of Ithilien
Wardrobian
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: In the misty wood of Ithilien

Postby David » 15 Jan 2007, 12:09

The thing I was thinking of was in Star Wars I where Han tells R2 to be careful because Wookies have been known to tear peoples' arms off when they lose at holographic chess. This doesn't sound like they have a particuarly gentle dispoisiton to me!
The way, the weather, the terrain, the discipline, the leadership. --Sun Tzu
User avatar
David
Wardrobian
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: May 2005
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan

Postby BeeLayne » 16 Jan 2007, 14:58

The thing I was thinking of was in Star Wars I where Han tells R2 to be careful because Wookies have been known to tear peoples' arms off when they lose at holographic chess.


True, but remember Han rubbing Chewie's head (I think in ESB)? The relationship between Han and Chewie has its gentle moments. Also in ESB Chewie put C-3PO back together and that entire time of carrying 3PO around on his back certainly seems to show a gentle side to the Wookie temperment. I think the above quote is more an example of the hot Wookie temper than a description of the entire species mentality.
"We are armed with the truth. What can harm us if we are armed with the truth?"
"Well, a crossbow bolt can, e.g., go right through your eye and out the back of your head."
User avatar
BeeLayne
Wardrobian
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Missouri, USA

Postby The Pfifltrigg » 19 Jan 2007, 23:26

O, ferkrynawtlawd! The hrossa are NOT Ewoks, and they are NOT Wookies! For all I know you'll next say the pfifltriggi are really quite a bit like Jar-Jar Binks! :shocked:
False ideas may be refuted indeed by argument, but by true ideas alone are they expelled. — Apologia Pro Vita Sua: Cardinal Newman
Freedom lost and then regained bites with deeper fangs than freedom never in danger. — Cicero
You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them. — Ray Bradbury
User avatar
The Pfifltrigg
Wardrobian
 
Posts: 624
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Where I can reach the coffee.

Postby BeeLayne » 20 Jan 2007, 20:50

O, ferkrynawtlawd! The hrossa are NOT Ewoks, and they are NOT Wookies! For all I know you'll next say the pfifltriggi are really quite a bit like Jar-Jar Binks!

:lol: :rolleyes: :lol: :rolleyes: :lol:
"We are armed with the truth. What can harm us if we are armed with the truth?"
"Well, a crossbow bolt can, e.g., go right through your eye and out the back of your head."
User avatar
BeeLayne
Wardrobian
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Missouri, USA

Postby UrendiMaleldil » 20 Jan 2007, 23:32

hahahahaha.
i love star wars, really, i do.
but i never once thought of the hrossa looking anything like either of the 2 species mentioned here. wookies are too incredibly temperamental,
and ewoks...
are...
cute... but...
i have to admit that at times it's difficult to believe that they're a sentient species... i mean... can you imagine?

ransom: here you go (not so) little fella...
have some of my dry, crummy space food.
hyoi: thanks man. let's be friends. i'll teach you how to kill stuff.

but then...
what if they looked more like the weird,
giant beavers in the live action BBC LWW...

muahahahaha

i'm sorry... this comment has hardly been helpful :wink:
but really... "what do we live for, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn."
If you were subjects of Maleldil, you would have peace.
User avatar
UrendiMaleldil
Wardrobian
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Texas... yuck!

More like Lord of the Rings

Postby Kanakaberaka » 28 Feb 2007, 06:31

The Pfifltrigg wrote: For all I know you'll next say the pfifltriggi are really quite a bit like Jar-Jar Binks! :shocked:


Actually the pfifltriggi appear to be inspired by the dwarves of the Brother's Grimm. They have all the dwarf-like characteristics of craftsmen who spend their time digging up and creating treasures. Although in the case of the pfifltriggi they share their creations with the other hnau rather than hord it as the dwarves have been known to do.
so it goes...
User avatar
Kanakaberaka
Wardrobian
 
Posts: 1028
Joined: Jul 1999
Location: Just outside of Rego Park, NYC

Re: re: Space Trilogy Movies?

Postby Biff » 06 Mar 2007, 02:23

Biff wrote:I dont see how Perelandra could work as a movie. There would be too much dialogue. They wouldn't have enough action. If they dropped the dialogue (the best bit about the book i believe) then it would lose its beauty....


Im torn. I still think that the cosmic trilogy would not work as movies, yet i would love to see someone try. I would be too scared to see them though, as they could absolutely ruin the whole experience if they 'dumbed down' certain parts like they did with Narnia...
"With hindsight perhaps it wasn't a good idea, oh well must be my hind cataracts..." Prof H.J. Farnsworth

"It was not for nothing that you are called Ransom" said the Voice..
User avatar
Biff
Wardrobian
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Thulcandra

Re: Space Trilogy Movies?

Postby arowhena » 23 Dec 2009, 12:51

What about the nakedness of the Green Lady and Ransom? Movie audiences would never accept it nor understand it. Take away their nakedness and you remove a central theme from of the story.
arowhena
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Erehwon

PreviousNext

Return to The Space Trilogy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered members and 1 guest

cron