This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Y'all might be interested in this headline

Open the pod bay doors, Hnau!

Y'all might be interested in this headline

Postby Steve » September 2nd, 2005, 2:32 pm

Steve
Wardrobian

Postby Bill » September 2nd, 2005, 9:28 pm

Time is the fire in which we burn!

Bill
Wardrobian

Postby The Bigsleep J » September 5th, 2005, 5:06 am

Insert supposedly witty but random absurd comment here and add water
The Bigsleep J
Wardrobian

Postby magpie » September 7th, 2005, 5:07 pm

"Love is the will to extend one's self in order to nurture one's own or another's spiritual growth."
M. Scott Peck

Member of the Religious Tolerance Cabal of the Wardrobe
magpie
Wardrobian

Now, be NICE...

Postby Boyd Britton » September 12th, 2005, 6:39 pm

Boyd Britton
Wardrobian

Re: Now, be NICE...

Postby Stanley Anderson » September 12th, 2005, 7:09 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

N.I.C.E. work if you can get it

Postby Boyd Britton » September 14th, 2005, 2:31 am

Extreme millenialists used to (& may still) rant about the giant Common Market (now EEU) computer in Belgium allegedly dubbed "The Beast" by its own operators. And all "world ID's" & implants do reek of Revelation.

Stanley may well remember the universal phone implant predated Gates in the rare classic "The President's Analyst" w/James Coburn.

Forster's short story from the 20s forecast a world of interconnected but isolated dilettantes dependent on the Machine to live their lives for them -- until it broke down and no one remembered how to fix it.

Though I use the Web, to me it is THE Weapon of Mass Distraction.

PS: As a spoken-word joke I once taped the rant-letters of schizophrenic lawyer Francis E. Dec, warning of the "communist gangster computer god" on the dark side of the Moon. I don't think he read Lewis. The tape was bootlegged and spread into an animated short, a live action student film, an off-Broadway review, and two records -- one "techno-disco", the other (by Critters Buggin') titled:

"Bill Gates"
Boyd Britton
Wardrobian

Return to The Space Trilogy