This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Finally read them.. sort of

Open the pod bay doors, Hnau!

Finally read them.. sort of

Postby Erekose » January 8th, 2006, 8:42 pm

Call yourself a dog???? I've seen better hair on a lavatory brush!!!
Erekose
Wardrobian

Cosmic Discovery

Postby Kanakaberaka » January 11th, 2006, 6:24 am

I'm glad you rediscovered Lewis' Space Trilogy. In a sense I rediscovered the Trilogy myself when I did the studies on Out of the Silent Planet and Perelandra. By making notes on each chapter and researching certain story elements (usualy by Google) I gained a deeper understanding of what Lewis was trying to convey. Some details were totaly ficticious while others had historical substance.
Thanks to the technical savy of my younger brother, I am again able to access a copy of my original OOTSP study. Would you be interested in seeing it posted once again here in The Wardrobe?
I am also thinking about doing a third study on That Hideous Strength, but it will have to wait a while. I really should reread The Abolition of Man before I do so since THS is supposed to be inspired by this non-fiction book.
What I liked most about the Space Trilogy was how Lewis took his theological ideas and illustrated them in almost pulp fiction style. It shows how he had an appreciation for pop culture as well as the classics.
so it goes...
Kanakaberaka
Wardrobian

re: Finally read them.. sort of

Postby Erekose » January 12th, 2006, 11:33 pm

Call yourself a dog???? I've seen better hair on a lavatory brush!!!
Erekose
Wardrobian

Comming soon to a forum near you

Postby Kanakaberaka » January 13th, 2006, 12:32 am

so it goes...
Kanakaberaka
Wardrobian

Return to The Space Trilogy