This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Did the notion of a "Space Trilogy" keep you away

Open the pod bay doors, Hnau!

re: Did the notion of a "Space Trilogy" keep you a

Postby WolfVanZandt » May 23rd, 2006, 5:39 am

WolfVanZandt
Wardrobian

Re: re: Did the notion of a "Space Trilogy" keep y

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » May 23rd, 2006, 5:14 pm

"If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself."--St. Augustine of Hippo
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Postby WolfVanZandt » May 24th, 2006, 4:25 am

WolfVanZandt
Wardrobian

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » May 24th, 2006, 5:07 am

"If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself."--St. Augustine of Hippo
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Postby BeeLayne » May 24th, 2006, 2:25 pm

The Firebird trilogy was ok. The first one was probably the best. It just irked me that the author stole/took/borrowed so much from Star Wars.

Wow, I need to read This Present Darkness again. I wonder what Lewis would have thought about Peretti's vision of angels?

Michael Chriton is an excellent writer. His stuff is sometimes so close to reality I find myself wondering if it has/will actually happened/happen. If you're looking for intelligent SF, try him.
"We are armed with the truth. What can harm us if we are armed with the truth?"
"Well, a crossbow bolt can, e.g., go right through your eye and out the back of your head."
BeeLayne
Wardrobian

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » May 24th, 2006, 4:54 pm

What did Kathy Tyers steal/borrow from Star Wars? True, I have never read any Star Wars books--just seen the movies--but I don't see any similarities, besides (if you take a big leap) the Ehretans could be considered vaguely Jedi-like, but truly I don't think they are patterned after the Jedi at all. In my opinion, just because they have mental powers and are attractive, mysterious, faithful, powerful protectors, does not make them like the Jedi, exactly. Plus they have a caste system on Netaia with a Queen and lords and dukes etc. --like on Naboo. But that could go for thousands of stories--the similarities end there. Is that what you mean?
Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Postby BeeLayne » May 24th, 2006, 9:39 pm

"Well, a crossbow bolt can, e.g., go right through your eye and out the back of your head."
BeeLayne
Wardrobian

Postby WolfVanZandt » May 25th, 2006, 4:36 am

I've read a good bit of Cricton and like his stuff. Of course, he writes a lot more than scifi. One of my favorites is Eaters of the Dead - both the book and the movie.

If Firebird is that similar to Stars Wars (which really didn't impress me as scifi - I feel towrd Star Wars about the way Ellison felt toward Star Trek - westerns put up in scifi garb), I might put it back a while longer. I did enjoy the movies (the original series) but OTOH "cute" gives me hives.

I'm also excited about Peretti's new invasion of the movie industry. He's reached the point, it seems, that anyhing he writes is potential for a movie - which is fine with me because I like pretty much everything that he writes. I'm waiting for The Oath, though. (brrrrrr)
WolfVanZandt
Wardrobian

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » May 25th, 2006, 1:42 pm

Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » May 25th, 2006, 1:47 pm

Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Postby WolfVanZandt » May 26th, 2006, 3:09 am

WolfVanZandt
Wardrobian

Postby BeeLayne » May 26th, 2006, 3:12 am

BeeLayne
Wardrobian

Postby BeeLayne » May 26th, 2006, 3:14 am

BeeLayne
Wardrobian

Postby WolfVanZandt » May 26th, 2006, 4:37 am

Ye're right - 13 it is.
WolfVanZandt
Wardrobian

Postby Messenger_of_Eden » May 26th, 2006, 6:38 am

Messenger_of_Eden
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to The Space Trilogy