This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

planetary news

Open the pod bay doors, Hnau!

planetary news

Postby Stanley Anderson » August 18th, 2006, 5:43 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

re: planetary news

Postby wingedllama » August 19th, 2006, 1:08 am

Okay can someone tell me what our solar system's official planets now are? I heard there was an asteroid named Ceres, and that it has been given planet status too? I've heard several little things here and there recently. Can anyone enlighten me as to how many planets we now have and what their names are?

Yes I could look it up, but I'm sure there's an astronomy enthusiast somewhere on these forums who would be glad to post it. :smile:
Member of the 2456317 Club
wingedllama
Wardrobian

Postby tangent » August 19th, 2006, 8:13 am

From the . Ceres is the smallest at 800 km in diameter compared to Charon's 1172 km and the moon's 3476 km.
tangent
Wardrobian

Re: planetary news

Postby Monica » August 22nd, 2006, 12:17 pm

Monica
Wardrobian

Postby Steve » August 22nd, 2006, 1:37 pm

Psalm 139:17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them!
Steve
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » August 22nd, 2006, 2:15 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Re: re: planetary news

Postby Stanley Anderson » August 22nd, 2006, 2:31 pm

Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby Monica » August 23rd, 2006, 12:57 pm

Monica
Wardrobian

Postby Korora » August 28th, 2006, 3:08 pm

If they call the asteroids "the Dancers before the Threshold," would they call the Kuiper Belt the "Dancers before the Wall" and the Oort Cloud "the Wall?"

Eudyptula albosignata
Korora
Wardrobian

Return to The Space Trilogy