This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

The Fairy

Open the pod bay doors, Hnau!

Re: The Fairy

Postby moogdroog » 22 Dec 2008, 15:56

Another quick sketch, inspired by a mix of Mrs Trunchbull and er, Eddie Izzard. Clap your hands if you believe in fairies!

(and you really *don't* want to know what she's holding behind her back)

moogdroog
Wardrobian

Re: The Fairy

Postby Áthas » 17 Feb 2009, 19:26

Something struck me while watching the YouTube video. When watching ballet, I am always in awe at how graceful and sensual the dancers are, while never having a even a slightly sordid, or overtly sexual note to the movements. I think ballet dancing, and other forms of classical dance, gives us a glimpse of how beautiful and sensual the human body can be. Perhaps dance, in this pure and skilled form, is a shadow movement of the dances in heaven - a pale reflection of the 'true reality' of dance itself. Similarly, beautiful musical pieces that seek to touch upon something of heavenly glory are shadows of the praise music - or of music itself - in heaven. Mm, perhaps that relates to THS in some way :snow-smile: well, at least the Lewisian idea that things beautiful and things pleasurable in this world are weak echoes of their true, divine correlations, their 'actual' reality in heaven. In that way a wonderful piece of art, or a beautifully performed dance, are things capable of inferring, or indicating, this kind of 'heavenly' glimpse to the observer.

I had similar thoughts when watching it. That's why I love to dance - although I'll never be good enough to be a professional dancer and am too old for that, too (24). :wink:
To thine own self be true!!! (Shakespeare)
Áthas
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to The Space Trilogy