This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

The Fairy

Open the pod bay doors, Hnau!

Re: The Fairy

Postby Stanley Anderson » December 11th, 2008, 11:42 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby moogdroog » December 15th, 2008, 11:06 pm

I'm terrible :snow-frown: I've been meaning to post some art of our lovely Fairy Hardcastle for an age; I moved house and misplaced my sketches of her (or perhaps they mischievously fluttered away...). I find it so hard to go back to drawing something I've already done...I think it's frustration at having to start all over again! In any case, I found my first sketch of her, so I added a bit more to it this evening. It's very rough, and doesn't quite 'get' her...but I'm hoping to make a decent second sketch of her looking a bit tougher and more 'sneering'. The image is a bit big to post here I think, so I made it into a link.

moogdroog
Wardrobian

Postby Áthas » December 16th, 2008, 9:43 am

Hm. I realy envy you for your talent. Still, she looks kind of too nice and orderly.
Áthas
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » December 16th, 2008, 4:35 pm

What wonderful rendering ability! I love the style of the drawing and you clearly know what you are doing there. I had thought at first that she looks too "attractive" in your drawing -- and she probably is too attractive here, I think (I would have thought more "bulky" perhaps -- not as extreme as the "prom picture" I posted of course). But it occurs to me that part of that "attractiveness" is due to the large eyes -- smaller eyes generally portray shiftier personalities I suppose. And then I realized that the cheroot is lit and that she is exhaling smoke. Since we know her cheroot is rarely lit except on "special occasions" -- like her interrogation of Jane, and we also know what sort of "pleasure" she gets out of it, that "look" she has become a bit more menacing and creepy. I'm intrigued by the idea. I also find the teaser snippet of the image above the "click me" link interestingly done.

Please, ma'am, may I have some more?

--Stanley
…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby moogdroog » December 17th, 2008, 4:55 pm

moogdroog
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » December 17th, 2008, 6:10 pm

Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby moogdroog » December 17th, 2008, 8:58 pm

moogdroog
Wardrobian

Postby moogdroog » December 17th, 2008, 11:11 pm

Another step in the Fairy's evolution. I think I'm getting closer...hopefully this image is small enough to display and won't mess up the page.

moogdroog
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » December 18th, 2008, 4:14 pm

Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » December 18th, 2008, 4:18 pm

By the way, I like the new drawing. And as a side note, I'll mention that I always thought Pam Ferris as Miss Trunchbull in the movie "Mathilda" was a pretty good possible image for Fairy Hardcastle:-)

--Stanley
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby moogdroog » December 18th, 2008, 4:51 pm

moogdroog
Wardrobian

Postby moogdroog » December 18th, 2008, 4:54 pm

moogdroog
Wardrobian

Postby galion » December 18th, 2008, 5:11 pm

Mrs Trunchbull? Yes, I can relate to that! :snow-toothy:
galion
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » December 18th, 2008, 5:39 pm

Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby moogdroog » December 20th, 2008, 12:53 pm

moogdroog
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to The Space Trilogy