This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

New Music inspired by OOTSP

Open the pod bay doors, Hnau!

New Music inspired by OOTSP

Postby rahlo » 30 May 2008, 16:06

Hello folks,

I've been a lurker on this site for a little bit, and I have to say that I really dig some of the insights shared and ongoing conversations regarding this excellent trilogy that somehow manages to keep flying below the radar.

My name is rahlo, and I'm a music artist who has been greatly influenced by several of Mr. Lewis' books. I'm so enthralled with the trilogy that I wrote some music based on and inspired by OOTSP (in fact, the album has the same name as the book) which has been really well received since it was released about a week or so ago.

Of the nine tracks I have on this mostly instrumental album, so far the favorites are The Abduction, Oyarsa of Malacandra, and Escape from Weston & Devine. If you feel so inclined to swing by my site and give a listen, you can hear snippets of each song here.

Thanks for your indulgence! And by the way, this was posted with permission from our venerable moderator!

peace,

rahlo
http://www.blacksoilproject.com
rahlo

Postby moogdroog » 03 Jun 2008, 15:10

Hey Rahlo,

I'd love to listen, but on opening the audio samples I got runtime errors (I'm using Firefox). Is it more advisable to use another browser? It might just be my computer being odd.
moogdroog
Wardrobian

Postby rahlo » 03 Jun 2008, 19:46

moogdroog wrote:Hey Rahlo,

I'd love to listen, but on opening the audio samples I got runtime errors (I'm using Firefox). Is it more advisable to use another browser? It might just be my computer being odd.

Hello Moogdroog,

That's strange, as I'm also using Firefox and everything is working as it should. If you have it available, maybe try Safari? Or maybe restart Firefox?

Anyway, I appreciate you taking some time to go and check out my music. If we can't get it to where you can listen online, I'd be happy to email you the audio samples.

peace,

rahlo
rahlo

Postby FrotisG » 15 Jul 2008, 04:39

nice! I liked how you worked in "evil of men's hearts" I assume most of your lyrics center around the themes found in the books? Wasn't expecting the hip-hop edge...(a little M.E.T.H.O.D Man in there! right?!......maybe not )

Personally I'd like to hear some symphonic-esque scores...guess I'll have to do that.
FrotisG

Postby FrotisG » 15 Jul 2008, 04:45

I'd like to see some of your lyrics. Write some out for us. I'd like to see how heavily influenced they are by OOTSP. The more the better!!! Your doin your part to spread the stimulating ideas put forth by one of the greatest thinkers of our time. :read: C.S. Lewis
FrotisG

Postby moogdroog » 27 Jul 2008, 12:37

rahlo wrote:
moogdroog wrote:Hey Rahlo,

Hello Moogdroog,

That's strange, as I'm also using Firefox and everything is working as it should. If you have it available, maybe try Safari? Or maybe restart Firefox?

Anyway, I appreciate you taking some time to go and check out my music. If we can't get it to where you can listen online, I'd be happy to email you the audio samples.

peace,

rahlo

Seems to be working fine now with my shiny updated Firefox! Will have a good listen tonight - sounds like great stuff so far. What a unique and fecund medium to put The Cosmic Trilogy into - I can't think if anyone else has done something similar.
moogdroog
Wardrobian

Re: New Music inspired by OOTSP

Postby Jofa » 24 Feb 2009, 18:44

Wow, interesting. :)
"Someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again."
Jofa
Wardrobian

Re: New Music inspired by OOTSP

Postby redumbrella » 29 Aug 2009, 20:53

Rahlo, great stuff. I like the gangsta edge. It's cool to see artists who create based on ideas and themes rather than the state of their relationships. (not to say we don't need that art too.) I recently wrote a song with my band Red Umbrella loosely based on the first book 'Out of the Silent Planet'. The song begins as our hero Ransom has been drugged and stowed on a spacecraft to who knows where... http://www.redumbrella.net/freeaudio/Re ... oustic.mp3
redumbrella

Return to The Space Trilogy