This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Correlation to other Lewis works

Open the pod bay doors, Hnau!

Correlation to other Lewis works

Postby ransomed » October 29th, 2009, 8:24 pm

I think I read somewhere that THS contains themes found in The Abolition of Man (I think that was the book). I haven't read Abolition, but I was wondering if anyone knows if OOTSP or Perelandra correlate to any of Lewis's other works in a similar way.
ransomed
Wardrobian

Re: Correlation to other Lewis works

Postby Paul F. Ford » October 30th, 2009, 2:16 pm

Out of the Silent Planet contains themes from The Allegory of Love. Perelandra contains themes from Preface to Paradise Lost.
Paul Ford—self-appointed president of the "245-3617 Club" and proud member of the "245-6317 Club"; author of the Companion to Narnia and the Pocket Companion to Narnia.
Paul F. Ford
Wardrobian

Postby ransomed » November 1st, 2009, 7:06 pm

Thanks. Haven't read either of those, so I'll have to check them out. Any idea where to find the preface?
ransomed
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » November 1st, 2009, 8:25 pm

It's a separate volume, ISBN 0195003454.

Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Postby maralewisfan » November 3rd, 2009, 12:06 am

My son bought me the triology for a gift, because he knew that I liked Lewis. I read the first one right away, but then had things happen and hadn't read the others. I am starting with the first one OOTSP again and intend to read all three so that I might have some semi-intelligent insights to add to the discussion.

Mara
maralewisfan

Return to The Space Trilogy