This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

A Till We Have Faces poll

Comprising most of Lewis' writings.
Forum rules
Please keep all discussion on topic and in line with our code of conduct.

Who is Psyche?

She is who she says she is, the wife of the god of the mountain
84%
She is a liar
No votes
She is a lunatic
No votes
Since the book is fiction, the question makes no sense and cannot be answered
16%

Total votes : 19

A Till We Have Faces poll

Postby Steve » January 19th, 2005, 12:09 pm

Within the world of Till We Have Faces, what are we supposed to believe about Psyche?
Steve
Wardrobian

Re: A Till We Have Faces poll

Postby Stanley Anderson » January 19th, 2005, 3:24 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby Guest » January 21st, 2005, 1:31 pm

My dilemma is otherwise.

On one hand, I admire the clarity of Lewis's thought, and his (general) economy of saying what it is he sets out to say.

On the other, this imparts a didactic hue to even his fiction, and I'm not sure I'm happy with a writer of fiction, who so relentlessly (or with scarce any relent) makes everything a symbol of some theological or philosophical point.

There's something burdensome in this, meseems; some lapse in, what I greatly enjoy in the best storytellers, the sheer joy taken in telling the tale.

(Nonetheless, I look forward to reading TWHF ... someday ....)

Pace e bene,
~Karl

Postby Solomons Song » January 31st, 2005, 3:44 am

Recently finished it and I was able to maintain a intellectual connection to the book until the last chapter. Now, I do not what to think. I am beginning to think Orual was mad.

If it's possible, can someone expound the riddles of the final chapter to me? Either here, in a PM (so not to spoil it for someone who hasn't read it), or both.
Member of the "2453617 Club"
Solomons Song
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » January 31st, 2005, 2:50 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby Guest » February 2nd, 2005, 11:12 pm

Postby Guest » March 17th, 2005, 3:44 pm

Return to Apologetics & Other Works