This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Lewis on Finney?

Comprising most of Lewis' writings.
Forum rules
Please keep all discussion on topic and in line with our code of conduct.

Lewis on Finney?

Postby Robert Zeurunkl » July 24th, 2005, 7:44 am

Robert Zeurunkl

Re: Lewis on Finney?

Postby Air of Winter » July 24th, 2005, 8:34 am

Air of Winter
Wardrobian

re: Lewis on Finney?

Postby a_hnau » February 3rd, 2006, 9:38 pm

Somewhere (I read it recently, so it may be in vol 2 of the Collected Letters) Lewis talks about the possibility of a coming religious revival - I think he had in mind the British Isles more than the U.S. - and remarks that it's probable that he and others of his age/background would probably not 'enjoy' it (I don't think he intended this as a criticism of what he expected might happen, rather a recognition that it would not suit his personal preferences, habits etc). This is the only reference that springs to mind in the context of the question with which this thread started.

As an aside, Kathryn Lindskoog noted that Lewis, as a thorough-going supernaturalist, might have been more sympathetic with the Charismatic movement than his background might have suggested.

T.
Urendi Maleldil
a_hnau
Wardrobian

Return to Apologetics & Other Works