This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Dark Tower now verified as authentic?

Comprising most of Lewis' writings.
Forum rules
Please keep all discussion on topic and in line with our code of conduct.

Postby jo » March 23rd, 2007, 5:44 pm

Well I tend to think that, in the absence of overwhelming evidence to the contrary - and none of the evidence I have seen convinces me that Lewis did NOT write TDT - we should err on the side of courtesy and not call an elderly priest a liar :(
"I saw it begin,” said the Lord Digory. “I did not think I would live to see it die"

jo
Wardrobian

Postby kbrowne » March 24th, 2007, 10:30 am

kbrowne
Wardrobian

Postby carol » March 24th, 2007, 11:44 am

I don't believe a man simply because he is an elderly priest.

He was once a young man who was visiting Lewis for a few weeks, planned to return to be his secretary, and was unable to because Lewis died.
This same young man shortly afterwards claimed to have known Lewis personally for an extended time, but it was only about a month.

This is the basis on which this gentleman established his work as editor. He has certainly done a lot of hard work, and knows more about Lewis' writings than I do. I am aware that I trust some of his work for comments and information I give others about Lewis' material.

I do not know where he got the TDT MS and/or typescript, but I have not been satisfied with the explanations given.

Larry, thank you for the further information. My guess is that we will never
know the truth.
carol
Wardrobian

Postby jo » March 24th, 2007, 2:40 pm

Well unless Hooper really did forge it and makes some sort of deathbed confession. But I don't believe he did. When I read the book I was struck several times with things in it that were reminiscent of stuff in other Lewis books (I've lent my copy to someone but I can get it back and read it again and make notes if you like).
"I saw it begin,” said the Lord Digory. “I did not think I would live to see it die"

jo
Wardrobian

Re: TDT vindicated? Not so fast!

Postby moordarjeeling » January 7th, 2008, 3:32 am

moordarjeeling
Wardrobian

Lewis: re-writing of things begun and abandoned years earlie

Postby moordarjeeling » January 7th, 2008, 3:40 am

moordarjeeling
Wardrobian

Postby Paul_Burgin » January 27th, 2008, 2:42 pm

Paul_Burgin