This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

The Business Of Heaven:Daily Readings From C.S.Lewis

Comprising most of Lewis' writings.
Forum rules
Please keep all discussion on topic and in line with our code of conduct.

The Business Of Heaven:Daily Readings From C.S.Lewis

Postby reveal » July 2nd, 2007, 7:10 am

reveal
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » July 2nd, 2007, 7:25 pm

It's a bunch of excerpts from his writings. Nothing really wrong with it, but I think most of us would rather encourage someone to read the books rather than a few paragraphs here and there. If you go to , you can read a sample page of the book in English.
Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Postby Danny » July 3rd, 2007, 1:19 am

I've got the books and T.B.O.H. The latter is great when you just have a minute to spare but would rather not read the newspaper.
Danny
Wardrobian

Postby reveal » July 3rd, 2007, 3:33 am

reveal
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » July 4th, 2007, 12:49 am

"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby Yattara » July 4th, 2007, 4:27 pm

When I was your age, television was called books.
Yattara
Wardrobian

Postby reveal » July 20th, 2007, 7:37 am

reveal
Wardrobian

Postby Larry W. » August 11th, 2007, 7:34 pm

The Business of Heaven is also included in the single volume collection The Beloved Works of C. S. Lewis, along with Surprised by Joy, Reflections on the Psalms, and The Four Loves. Now I'm reading the entire volume (rereading the other works) and the topical arrangement for each day of the year looks very practical. The hardcover book containing all four works is published by Family Christian Press and is available at their bookstores. (I purchased mine for under $15-- it wasn't very expensive.) It is of course in English, coming from an American publisher.

Larry W.
Larry W.
Wardrobian

Postby nomad » August 12th, 2007, 7:59 pm

member of the 2456317 club
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best -- " and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called.
nomad
Wardrobian

Return to Apologetics & Other Works