This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

mis-reference by the site?

Comprising most of Lewis' writings.
Forum rules
Please keep all discussion on topic and in line with our code of conduct.

mis-reference by the site?

Postby gameld » January 12th, 2009, 3:53 pm

hello all. when i went to the home page for this site today, the quote of the day was as follows:

"The point is that they are one more proof of how deeply, whether we like it or not, we believe in the Law of Nature. If we didn't believe in decent behaviour, why should be so anxious to make excuses for not having behaved decently?

The Case For Christianity"

i believe there are 2 possible problems with this that i would like corrected if i am wrong. i'm not trying to sound pompous, i just don't expect this site to make a mistake.
1) lewis didn't write a book called "the case for christianity," did he?
2) even if he did, this was from mere christianity, isn't it?

i could easily believe that it was from strobel's works (all titled "the case for x") and that he quoted lewis if that is the case.
gameld
Wardrobian

Re: mis-reference by the site?

Postby john » January 12th, 2009, 4:10 pm

The radio broadcasts that Mere Christianity are based on were first published as three separate books, with The Case For Christianity being one of them. But yes, you can find that book .

As for not expecting mistakes on the site...I appreciate your vote of confidence, but I'm just a guy with an ability to organize information on the web. I'm not a C. S. Lewis expert by any means (I'd venture to guess the majority of the membership here knows more about Lewis and his works than I do). The quotes were submitted to me years ago by others, so it's quite possible to find mistakes on the site.

If it can be found that this quote (or anything else) is incorrect, then an email or PM should be sent to me, and I'll correct it.
john
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Re: mis-reference by the site?

Postby gameld » January 15th, 2009, 5:39 pm

somehow in my knowledge i'd missed the fact that lewis had used that title originally. thanx for clearing it up.
gameld
Wardrobian

Return to Apologetics & Other Works