This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

BBC Narnia videos or DVDs for German speakers?

BBC Narnia videos or DVDs for German speakers?

Postby bibliomoose » January 10th, 2005, 8:39 pm

I am about to buy the boxed set of BBC DVDs. Currently they are available at 40% discount through Amazon UK.

However, a friend in Switzerland is also interested. The programmes were broadcast in German a few years ago, (presumably dubbed, rather than subtitled), and she wants to know if they are still available in this form.

I am a children's librarian, so have done an extensive search through my usual sources, and included Amazon in Germany and the BBC website. No luck unfortunately. I have also checked whether the British DVDs offer the option of another language on the same disks, but they are only in English.

So, time to pass this on to the people who really know their nymphs from their satyrs. Any help greatly appreciated!
bibliomoose

Re: BBC Narnia videos or DVDs for German speakers?

Postby carol » January 11th, 2005, 4:52 am

Try this BBC shop site - there should be a contact on it to ask whether the German-dubbed versions are available.

carol
Wardrobian

Postby bibliomoose » January 13th, 2005, 7:23 pm

bibliomoose

Postby Áthas » January 14th, 2005, 12:04 pm

Áthas
Wardrobian

Postby Áthas » January 19th, 2005, 11:52 am

Just wanted to let you know I asked at that CD and DVD store here, but they didn't know anything. Sorry:-(
Áthas
Wardrobian

Postby Guest » January 22nd, 2005, 5:17 pm

Entschuldigung, dass ich so spaet bin. Vielen Dank fuer alles!

I really appreciate your help with this, and will let my friend know. In fact, I have just had an e-mail from her today. She found out that the German version was shown by ZDF, so she is waiting to hear from them. If she has any further information I will post it here.
[/code]

Return to Questions & Answers