This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

All About Edmund?

All About Edmund?

Postby Guest » January 10th, 2005, 9:18 pm

This is my report so far,

Edmund character in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Edmund’s Character in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe in the begging of the story was a spiteful, jealous, and only wants his way character who only wants to become a prince and get back at peter for calling him a “beast’. Because the game of hide and go seek was still going on, it took Edmund and Lucy some time to find the others. But when at last they were all together Lucy burst out: “Peter! Susan! It’s all true. Edmund has seen it too. There is a country you can get through the wardrobe. Edmund and I both got in. we met one another in there, in the wood. Go on tell them Edmund; tell them about it.” “what’s all this about, Ed?” said Peter. And now we come to one of the nastiest parts of the story. Up to that moment Edmund had been feeling sick, and sulky, and annoyed for Lucy being right, but he hadn’t made up his mind what to do. When peter suddenly asked him the question he decided all at once to do the meanest and most spiteful thing he could think of. He decided to let Lucy down.
“Tell us, Ed,” said Susan. And Edmund gave a very superior look as if he were far older than Lucy and then with a snigger said, “Oh, yes, Lucy and I have been playing—pretending that all her story about a country in the wardrobe is true. Just for fun, of course. There’s nothing really “

Re: All About Edmund?

Postby Guest » January 10th, 2005, 9:19 pm

will somone help me make a better reoport???

Postby Guest » January 10th, 2005, 9:26 pm

Edmund character in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Edmund’s Character in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe in the begging of the story was a spiteful, jealous, and only wants his way character who only wants to become a prince and get back at peter for calling him a “beast’. Because the game of hide and go seek was still going on, it took Edmund and Lucy some time to find the others. But when at last they were all together Lucy burst out: “Peter! Susan! It’s all true. Edmund has seen it too. There is a country you can get through the wardrobe. Edmund and I both got in. we met one another in there, in the wood. Go on tell them Edmund; tell them about it.” “what’s all this about, Ed?” said Peter. And now we come to one of the nastiest parts of the story. Up to that moment Edmund had been feeling sick, and sulky, and annoyed for Lucy being right, but he hadn’t made up his mind what to do. When peter suddenly asked him the question he decided all at once to do the meanest and most spiteful thing he could think of. He decided to let Lucy down.
“Tell us, Ed,” said Susan. And Edmund gave a very superior look as if he were far older than Lucy and then with a snigger said, “Oh, yes, Lucy and I have been playing—pretending that all her story about a country in the wardrobe is true. Just for fun, of course. There’s nothing really. “Poor Lucy gave Edmund one look and rushed out of the room. Edmund is so nasty that he would lie to his own brothers and sisters to get back at Lucy, Edmund, who was becoming a nastier person every minute, thought he had scored a great success, and went on at once to say, “There she goes again. What’s the matter with her? That’s the worst of young kids, they always----‘
“look here,” said peter, turning on him savagely, “shut up! You’ve been perfectly beastly to Lu ever since she started playing games with her about it and setting her off again. I believe you did it simply out of spite.” “But its all nonsense,” said Edmund very taken aback.

Postby Karen » January 10th, 2005, 9:38 pm

I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. -- Jorge Luis Borges
Karen
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » January 10th, 2005, 10:14 pm

Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Return to Questions & Answers