This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

question on a c.s quote

question on a c.s quote

Postby sheisthephoenix » February 19th, 2005, 12:37 am

Hello everyone.

I found a quote from C.S. Lewis that I would like to use in an English essay, but I need to know what (if any) article or book (or even a year) that this quote came from (if it can be known) Thank you!

The quote is as follows:

"Time hasn't stopped for any troubles, heartaches, or any other malfunctions of this world, so please don't tell me it will stop for you"

should anyone get an answer to this, please email it back to me at

*Moderator Edit* Due to concerns for the protection of minors, email addresses should not be posted-Sven

...I would much appreciate it.

Thank you!
sheisthephoenix

Re: question on a c.s quote

Postby loeee » February 19th, 2005, 1:01 am

That quote is found on a few websites, but never is the actual work cited.

To me, that does not sound like C.S. Lewis. I've read many of his works, and cannot think of any where that quote would fit. I think it may have been mistakenly attributed to him. (That means I don't think he ever wrote or said that.)
"You can't go walking through Mordor in naught but your skin."
Put on the full armor of God.
loeee
Wardrobian

Postby Karen » February 19th, 2005, 1:36 am

I agree with you, loeee. It doesn't sound like Lewis at all - he writes more elegantly than that. Just because you find something on a web page doesn't make it so. I also found this piece of nonsense attributed to CSL: "Life is too deep for words, so don't try to describe it, just live it." :p
I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. -- Jorge Luis Borges
Karen
Wardrobian

Postby sheisthephoenix » February 19th, 2005, 11:29 pm

sheisthephoenix

Return to Questions & Answers