This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

book title?

book title?

Postby Genie Koala » April 26th, 2005, 5:56 pm

There was this wonderful book that I read when I was around 11 or 12 and it had some similarities to the Narnia series. I lost the book when my family moved and I can't remember the title of it. (this was about 12 years ago) I thought that maybe someone on this website may have read the book as it was written in a similar vein to the Narnia series.
What I remember from the book is that there were 2 or 3 children and they were in an attic room where there were old television sets. (I think it was set in London during one of the world wars as well) They turned on the TVs and each saw different scenes. One was of a medieval dungeon where a man was chained and another was a forest (I think). The one child touched the screen where the man was imprisoned and was sucked into the TV and ended up in the dungeon with the prisoner.
The prisoner turned out to be some sort of prince or noble and was guarded by a serpent that could shrink or grow at will. The child helped him escape and they went to look for the others.
If this sounds familiar to anyone please let me know, half remembering the book is driving me crazy and I'd love to read it again!
Thank you. :)
Genie Koala

Re: book title?

Postby Sven » April 26th, 2005, 8:44 pm

Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Re: book title?

Postby Guest » April 26th, 2005, 9:58 pm

Return to Questions & Answers