This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Questions about the movies

Questions about the movies

Postby aslan » July 23rd, 2004, 9:44 pm

So all the books that lewis wrote.. were they made into movies? The 3 set dvd one only has 3 disks.. so I'm thinking you cant get the other ones on tape or something...?
aslan

Re: Questions about the movies

Postby loeee » July 24th, 2004, 1:35 am

Aslan (my, what a big name you have chosen!), do you mean the BBC production that was shown in the States on "Wonderworks"? As far as I know, they only did three episodes, with the second being a combination of Prince Caspian and Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

There are some good audio versions out, but not movies, as far as I know.
"You can't go walking through Mordor in naught but your skin."
Put on the full armor of God.
loeee
Wardrobian

Re: Questions about the movies

Postby carol » July 26th, 2004, 8:03 am

Actually, each of the productions you are speaking of was a 6-part serial made for the BBC children's programming.

LWW had an intro programme and then 6 episodes, & was made in late 87-early 88. It was shown in UK in late 1988.

PC/VDT was made (I think) the following year, and shown in late 89, with SC following in 1990, as it was shown in NZ in mid 1991.

These three went together as they had carry-over cast, with all four of the Pevensie children in the first half of PC/VDT, then just Lucy & Edmund plus Eustace in the second half. After that we had Eustace alone plus Jill in the third series (SC).

(If you want to know about the new films being made, you may want to look over at narniaweb.com, which is a sister site to this one, very much focussed on news of the new films.)
carol
Wardrobian

Return to Questions & Answers