This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

question

question

Postby AC » September 20th, 2005, 7:08 pm

AC

Postby Leslie » September 21st, 2005, 12:43 am

Well - we don't like to do people's homework for them, but it sounds like you actually have read the books, so here goes:

LWW, Penguin Books, 1959, p. 75:

'But shall we see him?' asked Susan.
'Why, daughter of Eve, that's what I brought you here for. I'm to lead you where you shall meet him,' said Mr Beaver.
'Is - is he a man?' asked Lucy.
'Aslan a man!' said Mr Beaver sternly. 'Certainly not. I tell you he is the King of the wood and the son of the great Emperor-beyond-the-sea. Don't you know who is the King of Beasts? Aslan is a lion - the Lion, the great Lion.'
'Ooh!' said Susan, 'I'd thought he was a man. Is he - quite safe? I shall feel rather nervous about meeting a lion.'
'THat you will, dearie, and no mistake,' said Mrs Beaver; 'if there's anyone who can appear before Aslan without their knees knocking, they're either braver than most or else just silly.'
'Then he isn't safe?' said Lucy.
'Safe?' said Mr Beaver;'don't you hear what Mrs Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? 'Course he isn't safe. But he's good. He's the King, I tell you.'

The only girl being struck by Aslan that I can recall is Aravis in The Horse and His Boy. Is that the one you mean?
"What are you laughing at?"
"At myself. My little puny self," said Phillipa.
--Rumer Godden, In This House of Brede
Leslie
Wardrobian

Re. your answer . . .

Postby gesher » September 22nd, 2005, 9:02 pm

gesher

Return to Questions & Answers