This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Difference in Narnia books

Difference in Narnia books

Postby Preculiar Baptist » November 28th, 2005, 6:35 am

My son asked me this question and I thought I would get some direction from the experts here. I have heard (and so has he) that the current version of the Narnia stories have been edited from when they were first published. Can any one show me if this is correct and if so what was changed?

BTW on a seperate note is there anyone who is publishing these stories in hardback form?
Preculiar Baptist

re: Difference in Narnia books

Postby carol » November 28th, 2005, 9:49 am

carol
Wardrobian

Re: Difference in Narnia books

Postby Roonwit » November 28th, 2005, 1:50 pm

[quote="Preculiar Baptist"]My son asked me this question and I thought I would get some direction from the experts here. I have heard (and so has he) that the current version of the Narnia stories have been edited from when they were first published. Can any one show me if this is correct and if so what was changed?

BTW on a seperate note is there anyone who is publishing these stories in hardback form?[/quote]

I saw at Barnes and Noble that there was an illustrated edition (had all of the stories in one volume) that was in a hardback format.
The moral of the story is not to listen to those who tell you not to play the violin but stick to the tambourine.
-- Jose Mourinho

Member of the 2456317 Club
Roonwit
Wardrobian

re: Difference in Narnia books

Postby Leslie » November 28th, 2005, 5:10 pm

There are several hardcover editions available - both omnibus and the individual books. Look at amazon or to see what's available.
"What are you laughing at?"
"At myself. My little puny self," said Phillipa.
--Rumer Godden, In This House of Brede
Leslie
Wardrobian

Return to Questions & Answers