This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Connecton between childhood and writings

Connecton between childhood and writings

Postby courtneyhiphop » December 12th, 2005, 12:49 am

courtneyhiphop

re: Connecton between childhood and writings

Postby Leslie » December 12th, 2005, 1:47 am

Hi Courtney. If you are supposed to get in touch with someone who knew the author, you might try to contact Douglas Gresham, Walter Hooper, or Jill Freud. I would suggest you contact the C.S. Lewis Company at:

The C.S. Lewis Co. Ltd.
First Floor
Unit 4, Old Generator House
Bourne Valley Road
Poole
Dorset
BH12 1DZ
Tel: 01202 765652
Fax: 01202 765665

Have you looked at the information available under the other tabs on this website - faq, bio, papers, etc? There are some pictures under the multimedia tab.

As far as criticism of his work goes, there were many people who disagreed with his writings. For example, his close friend J.R.R. Tolkien did not like The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe at all, and begged him not to send it to a publisher, thinking it would be ridiculed. And many of his Oxford colleagues did not approve of his non-fiction Christian books.

Good luck - it sounds like an ambitious project!
:)
"What are you laughing at?"
"At myself. My little puny self," said Phillipa.
--Rumer Godden, In This House of Brede
Leslie
Wardrobian

re: Connecton between childhood and writings

Postby Guest » January 6th, 2006, 6:58 pm

Fourth grader, eh? Forgive me, but that just doesn't match up with your writing. Doing homework for your child isn't a good thing and only hurts them in the end.

Return to Questions & Answers