This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Comments and Questions

Comments and Questions

Postby Guest » December 20th, 2005, 4:06 pm

I'll start this thread off with my feelings on the books. THERE GREAT! I first read them when I was about 7 years old. I’m now 14 and since forgot most of the stories. But when my Nana (grandma) said she was thinking about taking me to the new movie I decided to re-read the series. It still has the same hold on me as it did the first time I read it.
After seeing the movie I must say in comparison with the book I was disappointed. But needless too say I was expecting this but several appearance issues stuck out. My 1st qualm was with the way they portrayed Aslan. I had imagined as a huge, radiant and proud lion. In the movie he was regular. In the LWW when they described him they said he was magnificent but terrifying at the same time. In the movie I didn’t get this feeling at all. I thought he was roughly the size of a car with perfect golden fur. Because of this when The White Witch shaved his main it felt like a great injustice. In the movie it was more of a “whatever he can grow it back” kind of vibe.
2nd I was disappointed in the appearance of my favorite character Maugrim Head of the Witches secret police. I had imagined him as a werewolf almost exactly like the Balverines from the xbox game Fable. My 3rd and last issue was with Lucy. SHE WAS 3 YEARS OLD! Need I say more? My question has to deal with registration. I have completed the “form” but received no email. I was hoping someone could send it again because I am afraid I deleted it. Send it to Master_shake81591@yahoo.com. Please don’t fill my inbox with emails if they don’t have anything to do with this.

re: Comments and Questions

Postby Guest » December 20th, 2005, 4:27 pm

Me again. Sorry didnt realise you were not suposed to leave email addresess.

Postby loeee » December 20th, 2005, 5:16 pm

"You can't go walking through Mordor in naught but your skin."
Put on the full armor of God.
loeee
Wardrobian

Postby Guest » December 21st, 2005, 3:20 pm

Postby magpie » December 21st, 2005, 4:13 pm

"Love is the will to extend one's self in order to nurture one's own or another's spiritual growth."
M. Scott Peck

Member of the Religious Tolerance Cabal of the Wardrobe
magpie
Wardrobian

Postby PurplePen » December 21st, 2005, 4:42 pm

You're right -- Lucy is about 9 in the book. There does seem to be a tendency to "read" the characters as older than they are, and I've heard a few people comment on how young they seem in the movie. The actress who played Lucy in the movie WAS the right age, though -- her birthday is July 12, 1995.

I thought Aslan could've been more awe-inspiring as well. And more... full of life. He didn't live up to the description in the book, in my opinion.

--Dawn
PurplePen
Wardrobian

Postby carol » December 21st, 2005, 7:29 pm

In the book, Lucy is 8! If you have previously watched the BBC version of this story, the young actress playing her was about 11/12.

In this production, the actress was cast when she was 8, was filmed when she was 9, and is now 10.

She may look younger to some people, but the "little girl" style of clothing etc was appropriate to the year it is set (1940).
carol
Wardrobian

Return to Questions & Answers