This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Narnia Kids

Narnia Kids

Postby prophetess » December 24th, 2005, 5:53 pm

:read: Hi! I am new to the Chronicles of Narnia....well, this is not exactly true. I read the entire series of books about 20 years ago when I was in grade school. Now, however, with childrenof my own, I am become interested again in c.S. Lewis and these books.

I obtained a copy of a DVD of The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe that was done in 1988 by the BBC (I remember the CBS cartoon, I think it was, that we watched at school. Now, there is a big-screen motion picture coming out; boy, how time flies!). Anyway, within the liner of the BBC DVD there are some trivia facts. One fact in particular says that, "Digory Kirke, Polly Plummer, Petter Pvensie, Edmund Pevensie, Lucy Pevensie, Eustace Scrubb and Jill Pole were all killed in a serious railway accident in 1949." Up to this point, I had no idea that these were real people upon whom the characters were ased. Am i correct in this assumption and can someone give me more information, or point me in the right direction t find more information about these people and about how and why C.S. Lewis chose to base his characters on them? Thanks!
prophetess

re: Narnia Kids

Postby Sven » December 24th, 2005, 8:05 pm

No, they are not real people. The liner notes are referring to the events in the seventh book, The Last Battle.
Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

re: Narnia Kids

Postby prophetess » December 24th, 2005, 8:12 pm

Silly me! Thanks so very much! Sad as it sounds, as I have started revisiting the books (as I guess I never read through the 7th book all those years ago), I hate to hear that those characters died such a tragic death. I MUST read all the books now, to satisfy my curiousity as to HOW and WHY this occurred. Thanks again!
prophetess

Re: re: Narnia Kids

Postby Sven » December 24th, 2005, 8:17 pm

Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Re: re: Narnia Kids

Postby russcannon » December 31st, 2005, 3:06 pm

russcannon
Wardrobian

Return to Questions & Answers