This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Translations of C.S. Lewis's works

Translations of C.S. Lewis's works

Postby amanda » August 5th, 2004, 5:28 am

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a translation of The Chronicles of Narnia, or at least of The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, into Romanian. These were my favorite books as a child and there are alot of kids in Romania I'd love to be able to share them with. If anyone knows if there are Romanian translations of these books (or other C.S. Lewis titles) out there, I'd really love information as to how I can find them. Thank you so much!
Always,
amanda barr
amanda

Re: Translations of C.S. Lewis's works

Postby jo » August 5th, 2004, 9:02 am

I don't know offhand, but we have a Romanian who frequents our chatroom so next time I see him, I will ask. Watch this space!
"I saw it begin,” said the Lord Digory. “I did not think I would live to see it die"

jo
Wardrobian

Postby PurplePen » August 5th, 2004, 1:45 pm

Hi Amanda! This might not be too terribly helpful, but the HarperCollins website lists the following C. S. Lewis titles as having been translated into Romanian and printed by a company named Humanitas:

Mere Christianity
Screwtape Letters
Miracles
The Four Loves
The Problem of Pain

There may be others, perhaps by previous publishers, but I couldn't track them down quickly. A query to HarperCollins might provide more information.

--Dawn
PurplePen
Wardrobian

Postby talkingbeast » August 13th, 2004, 2:34 pm

I'm pretty sure I saw Romanian editions of the Narnia books in the collection at the Wade Center (the place in Illinois, USA where C.S. Lweis's wardrobe is located). An alternative to asking the publisher might be to ask a librarian for assistance.
talkingbeast

re: Translations of C.S. Lewis's works

Postby Ivan Inkling » December 12th, 2005, 7:13 pm

Ivan Inkling

Return to Questions & Answers