This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

cs lewis historical significance?

cs lewis historical significance?

Postby cs lewis student » January 14th, 2006, 12:10 pm

I am a seventeen year old leaving cert student.I am studying History,and part of my course entails me to do a journal on something of historical significance.I particularly want to do CS Lewis for my journal but my teacher says i cannot unless i can tell him how lewis has had HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE please help i know lewis was a great literary figure but if anyone can provide evidence to support the view that he was of historical significance i would greatly appreciate it
:??: :??: :??: :??:
cs lewis student

Re: cs lewis historical significance?

Postby russcannon » January 15th, 2006, 7:27 pm

Regards,
Russ

Plausible as these explanations may sound, they ignore economics, among other things.--Thomas Sowell
russcannon
Wardrobian

re: cs lewis historical significance?

Postby carol » January 16th, 2006, 8:02 am

Well put, Russcannon.

[When we ancient beings were at school, the general idea of school work was that one read the primary texts, and some commentaries on them, and then drew conclusions, and wrote up a paper.
The suggestion that today one merely fronts up to a discussion forum and asks the essay question, and is then credited with having done serious work, concerns me as an educator. How does the student provide a bibliography? "unknown person on forum"?]

The most valuable thing I would like to offer the questioner above is this:
most websites on a given topic actually have material in their menu that is about that topic. You have arrived at the best website on C.S.Lewis on the internet. It's great! Did you think that the combined knowledge of people who discuss Lewis was the only treasure held here? Well, great news, there is a wealth of information on the menu. I'd suggest you try "Papers" in the top menu. After that, try one of more of the biographies recommended in the "Works" section in the menu.
Best wishes!
carol
Wardrobian

Return to Questions & Answers