This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

the lion the witch and the wardrobe... the christan message

the lion the witch and the wardrobe... the christan message

Postby Guest » February 16th, 2006, 3:28 am

Hi, i am doing a Religion Interest Study Project for my HSC and my focus question is "how does C.S Lewis convey the crhistian message in "The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe" and what effect does this have on spreading the christian message."

on the first part of the question i am fine, im refering mostly to the metaphors and subliminal messages used in the text but for the second component of the question i need some primary sources and i was hoping you guys would be able to help me out.

what i need to know is

1) what did you think of the techniques used to spread the christian message in the book

2) which relgious expression do you belong to

3) did the book effect your religious beliefs at all ie did it have a spiritual impact on you and why?.

if anyone has a few seconds to answer these i would greatly appreciate it because the more people i survey the greater perspective i can gain.

thanks

Cass

Re: the lion the witch and the wardrobe... the christan mess

Postby Gabriel Syme » February 16th, 2006, 11:00 am

In our school, on a wall, there is a big writing, saying «I care». It is the untranslatable motto of the best among young Americans. It means: «I AM interested in it; it is dear to me». That's the exact opposite of the fascist motto, «I don't care». (Lorenzo Milani, priest. Lettera ai giudici; 1965)
Gabriel Syme
Wardrobian

Re: the lion the witch and the wardrobe... the christan mess

Postby Arwen » March 3rd, 2006, 1:02 am

1) what did you think of the techniques used to spread the christian message in the book

I thought that the allegories were awesome! I like how Aslan represents God and His abounding grace and mercy. I also thought it was interesting that the devil (Satan) was represented by a female. The Witch looks so beautiful, but yet is deceiving. And of course, the Pevensies as human nature.

2) which relgious expression do you belong to

I am non-denominational.

3) did the book effect your religious beliefs at all ie did it have a spiritual impact on you and why?

It allowed me to look at the gospels from a different view point. It made me realize that God is the Ultimate authority and that no one is above Him.

Hope this helps!
Arwen

Return to Questions & Answers