This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Research Paper

Research Paper

Postby AVeld86 » February 18th, 2006, 6:44 pm

Hello my name is Andrew Velder and I am freshman at the University of North Texas, and I am currently tyring to start a rough draft for my college writing class...the assignment is to write about an influential person (writer, actor, athelete, etc.), it has to be an essay of 3-5 pages about this persons life and how it is very important to society - or what can society gain from the knowledge these people posess. I chose to write about C.S Lewis, although I am new to his writings ( I have read problem of pain, Made for Heaven, the Great Divorce, The Chronicles of Narnia, and I just started Mere Christianity) I chose him because he influenced even me in a short period of time. - Myself being a Christian, I want to gain more knowledge on how to be a better servant of Christ.

I want to know what is the best source (i.e. - books I should buy) to write this essay with. - rough draft is due by Monday, Feb. 20th.

If there is a book, what section should I look to first - because of time contraints - (I plan on reading the whole thing too) but just for now I need a quick reference to start.

Any suggestions would be appreciated from anyone!

God Bless,
Andrew V.
AVeld86

re: Research Paper

Postby Sven » February 18th, 2006, 6:55 pm

Welcome, Andrew!

My vote for best biographies would be Jack by George Sayer and C. S. Lewis by Roger Green and Walter Hooper. Avoid the Wilson biography, it has some small points, but what good it has is overwhelmed by the factual errors. Probably the best single work for both biography and an overview of Lewis' works I would suggest Walter Hooper's C. S. Lewis Companion & Guide, if you can find a copy.

For a quick look at his life I suggest this site's 'bio' button, above.

Hope this helps.

Selah,
Sven
Sven

re: Research Paper

Postby Paul F. Ford » February 19th, 2006, 6:19 pm

Another great help is the C. S. Lewis Readers' Encyclopedia by Jeffrey D. Schultz, Jr., and John West at [/i]
Paul Ford—self-appointed president of the "245-3617 Club" and proud member of the "245-6317 Club"; author of the Companion to Narnia and the Pocket Companion to Narnia.
Paul F. Ford
Wardrobian

Return to Questions & Answers