This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Postby Scotty West » 15 Mar 2006, 20:21

Hello, I'm new to the website/forum, and I was wondering if someone can help me with something. The reason it says guest is because I have not yet activated my acount. But, that is aside from the point. My question was, if anyone knew the exact quote from Jack that went something like, "One day you'll be old enough to read childrens stories." Or, something alone those lines. If anyone could get back to me with that real quote, and even better, for what reason he said it, that would be fantastic.
Thankfuly,
Scott
Scotty West

re: quote

Postby Carrie » 15 Mar 2006, 20:42

I think the quote you are looking for is from the dedication from the beginning of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.
My Dear Lucy,
I wrote this story for you, but when I began it I had not realized that girls grow quicker than books. As a result you are already too old for fairy tales, and by the time it was printed and bound you will be older still. But some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.You can take them down from some upper shelf, dust it, and tell me what you think of it. I shall probably be too deaf to hear, and too old to understand, a word you say, but I shall still be

your affectionate Godfather,
C.S. Lewis

I think what Lewis was saying is that little children appreciate fairy tales. Then they start to grow up and think they are "too old" for them and no longer appreciate them. However, when they really do grow up they realize the value of fairy tales once again.
"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." Phil 4:13

Member of The 2456317 Club
Carrie
Wardrobian

Postby Scotty West » 16 Mar 2006, 02:49

THAT'S IT!!! Thank you so very much.
Scotty West

Postby Scotty West » 16 Mar 2006, 02:50

THAT'S IT!!! Thank you so very much.
Scotty West