This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

looking for a quote cannot find anywhere! Help!!

looking for a quote cannot find anywhere! Help!!

Postby jal » 22 Apr 2006, 05:02

I am looking for a quote by CS Lewis where he talks about building a cottage but the lord I think knocks down the walls, but in the end he finds out the lord was making a castle instead of his little cottage.... any help?? thanks!!!
jal

re: looking for a quote cannot find anywhere! Help!!

Postby VixenMage » 22 Apr 2006, 05:25

Oh, irony. I only just read this quote an hour or so ago. Thank Cuinn; he's the one who finds these. As a member of the invasion of the Quote-snatchers, I just snatch them. ^_^

Cuinn wrote:"Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on: you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently he starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of — throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were going to be made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself."

Mere Christianity, 1952
"The only thing I know for certain is that I know nothing for certain."
VixenMage
Wardrobian

Postby Guest » 22 Apr 2006, 05:36

Oh thank you so much!!!! I was in great need of that and you saved me!! Yes impeccable timing

Postby Cuinn » 26 Apr 2006, 02:44

Don't thank VM (or me for that matter). Thank C.S. Lewis! ;)
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia."

C.S. Lewis, The Silver Chair

Member of the Religious Tolerance Cabal of the Wardrobe
Cuinn
Wardrobian

Postby VixenMage » 26 Apr 2006, 03:10

Hee!

Surely that's a given... :read: It's too late for talking in circles.

Thank God, for in the end, He's responsible for the whole thing. ^^
"The only thing I know for certain is that I know nothing for certain."
VixenMage
Wardrobian

Return to Questions & Answers