This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Psst!

Psst!

Postby Sarah N. » 16 May 2006, 11:07

It's not a question, but a suggestion: I think we should have some sort of "psst" thread, or something so you can tell people when you are in the chatroom looking for someone to talk to. (Like I am right now. ) Or just a counter to say if there is anyone in the chatroom. I don't know.
Live in the world as if only God and your soul were in it; then your heart will never be made captive by any earthly thing. ~ St. John of the Cross

Member of the 2456317 Club.
Sarah N.
Wardrobian

re: Psst!

Postby john » 16 May 2006, 11:44

Actually, we do have a thread for that. It's stuck to the top of the Caffé. :)

As for a counter, we did have one, but it wasn't very trustworthy, so I turned it off. I'll try it again and see what happens.
john (aka DrZeus)
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby Erekose » 16 May 2006, 15:12

After doing odd jobs and such, I rebooted and renetered the chatroom using mIRC as usual

The counter didn't register me being in there.

BUT after using the flash/webpage/html whatever interface the counter registered 1 user in the chat room, despite there actually being two of me.

I sumise that the counter works by adding up usage of that web page containing the chat entry as opposed to using some means to actually do a room count.

However, when I got this reply page up, the chat room counter has reverted to zero.. despite my flash/java (whatever) version of me still being in there keeping my mIRC self company.

(I beleive that it can be done.. even with a list of names if required.. but its somewhat messy needing a couple of different interfaces .. mirc script, and an automatic ftp prog to update the count/name-list. Life is never simple is it?)
Call yourself a dog???? I've seen better hair on a lavatory brush!!!
Erekose
Wardrobian

Postby Erekose » 16 May 2006, 22:06

Just as an update...

Earlier Linda came in. Her counter seemed problematic.

When I refreshed my main page, the counter went back up to 1 again after her arrival.. although my java interface was still connected so it should have been reading 2 (not counting my mIRC presence of course)

However a second refresh right after the first returned the count to 0, despite Linda still being there

/me muddies the water sufficiently to see that his work for the day is done.

/me reflects that muddying the water makes a change to throwing great huge rocks into the Lake of Discussion :grin:
Call yourself a dog???? I've seen better hair on a lavatory brush!!!
Erekose
Wardrobian

Postby Sarah N. » 16 May 2006, 22:49

Thanks. And the counter reads 0 right now, despite the fact that there are three of us talking, and two of Erekose-afk. :/ Life goes on. (But at least I got some sleep now. :) )
Live in the world as if only God and your soul were in it; then your heart will never be made captive by any earthly thing. ~ St. John of the Cross

Member of the 2456317 Club.
Sarah N.
Wardrobian

Return to Questions & Answers