This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Servant-Leadership

Servant-Leadership

Postby Maelgwyn » May 18th, 2006, 12:37 am

Maelgwyn

re: Servant-Leadership

Postby A#minor » May 18th, 2006, 1:36 am

That sounds suspiciously like a homework or essay question. :/
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby Guest » May 18th, 2006, 1:39 am

It is neither of the two. Although, the information I hoped you could tell me would be used in an essay.

I no longer need to know about him challenging authorities though, I found a verse in Titus that redirected my searching. The reason I posted was that a lot of what I'm finding out is about his books and what they mean. I need actual hard examples of things he did, that exemplify Christ.

I would be greatful if you could point me in the direction of such a resource, or just give me some examples which I can further research.

Thanks.

Postby Leslie » May 18th, 2006, 1:47 am

I would suggest you read the biographies about him. Look under the "works" tab at the top of the page for a list of titles, under "Secondary Works".
"What are you laughing at?"
"At myself. My little puny self," said Phillipa.
--Rumer Godden, In This House of Brede
Leslie
Wardrobian

Postby Guest » May 18th, 2006, 2:06 am

It was here all along! I found a lot of useful info in the 'papers' section. Thanks for pointing me in that general direction.

Postby Guest » May 18th, 2006, 2:13 am

Hmm... apart from giving the majority of his salary to the poor, I'm a bit stuck. Has anybody got any suggestions?

Postby Esther » May 18th, 2006, 6:25 am

Seeking the Secret Place by Lyle Dorsett is a discussion of Lewis' spiritual life and development. It might be a helpful source to check out.
Member of the 2456317 club
Esther
Wardrobian

Postby carol » May 18th, 2006, 6:30 am

carol
Wardrobian

Postby loeee » May 18th, 2006, 4:54 pm

And, of course, what he wrote is a very large part of what he did. Writing is doing something.
"You can't go walking through Mordor in naught but your skin."
Put on the full armor of God.
loeee
Wardrobian

Return to Questions & Answers