This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

The Fiftieth Anniversary

The Fiftieth Anniversary

Postby Reep » May 20th, 2006, 3:54 pm

What is the precise date of the very first publication of "The Last Battle" - when The Chronicles finally became complete? Since this was sometime in 1956 - is anyone planning to celebrate?
Something, may be, like "NARNIA INDEPENDENCE DAY"? :D
Reep

re: The Fiftieth Anniversary

Postby Paul F. Ford » May 21st, 2006, 12:17 am

Paul Ford—self-appointed president of the "245-3617 Club" and proud member of the "245-6317 Club"; author of the Companion to Narnia and the Pocket Companion to Narnia.
Paul F. Ford
Wardrobian

Postby carol » May 21st, 2006, 12:58 am

carol
Wardrobian

Postby loeee » May 22nd, 2006, 6:32 pm

"You can't go walking through Mordor in naught but your skin."
Put on the full armor of God.
loeee
Wardrobian

Postby Reep » May 24th, 2006, 3:47 pm

MARCH 19, 1956. THE BIRTHDAY OF THE CHRONICLES! Thank you, Paul! I was, of course, a little sad being two months late. I was hoping still to be able to celebrate it like we celebrated the Golden Wedding of Joy and Jack Lewis on April 23rd. Then there was even a (RC) Mass offered for both of them and for All Their Children. (It would be also very interesting to hear what others did!)

Thanks also to carol and loose. I know some will speak about "meaningless coincidences". I do not believe so. Even though their full meaning may remain for us - temporarily - hidden.

"March 19 and September 4"? March 23, 1956 my brother arrived in Rome for his wedding on April 5th - 18 days before Joy and Jack. September 1, 1956 they arrived in Oxford. On September 20, 1957 their first son was born there at Radcliffe Infirmary. Just as Joy Lewis was beginning to walk again.

None of us was aware of all this just a few months ago
Reep

Return to Questions & Answers