This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

In desperate need for an article

In desperate need for an article

Postby Trey Macky » 08 Sep 2004, 17:43

I am writting a paper for class and my subject is politics inside the church. I am looking for related ariticles from C.S. Lewis, GK Chesterton or the like. Any suggestions?
Trey Macky

Re: In desperate need for an article

Postby Lizzie is Anonymous » 09 Sep 2004, 09:31

I doing an oral presentation on cs lewis! soz, i can't help u cauz i have no idea, kepp looking on the web...
try www.altavista.com
:,(

good luck anyways! asl?
Lizzie is Anonymous

Postby Guest » 11 Sep 2004, 21:30

Hmmm,

CSL wrote a bit about politics AND the Church, but IMHO not much about politics IN the church.

You might try
Screwtape Letters no 23
God in the Dock "The trouble with X"
(I'm not too sure of the titles because I keep lending my books and for some I only have German translations)

I'd expect more of what you're looking for from GKC, but I haven't read much of his. You might try
www.chesterton.org

-pb

Postby TreyMacky » 13 Sep 2004, 16:23

Thanks for all the help.
TreyMacky

Postby Clod » 29 Oct 2004, 21:14

Trey Macky wrote:I am writting a paper for class and my subject is politics inside the church. I am looking for related ariticles from C.S. Lewis, GK Chesterton or the like. Any suggestions?

Trey Makcy!
As you are doing your article you might remember what Jesus said about His followers being "no part of the world," so the question is, should there even be politics within the Church? That might be one thing to address in your writing in light of Jesus words at John 15:19. Clod
Clod

Postby carol » 31 Oct 2004, 07:59

If you check any search engine, this site will usually come up tops. Have you looked in the index? There is a lot of info and resources here.
You may need to ask your question a bit more specifically, but someone is bound to know a book (primary or secondary) that will be of help.
carol
Wardrobian

Postby Guest » 05 Dec 2004, 21:34

Try the C. S. Lewis and the Inklings resource site. There's lot of material on Chestertonl, MacDonald, Lewis etc. there:

<http://personal.bgsu.edu/~edwards/lewis.html>

Menelvagor

Return to Questions & Answers