This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

relationship of Joy and Jack

relationship of Joy and Jack

Postby revmia » November 10th, 2006, 3:06 am

revmia

Postby A#minor » November 10th, 2006, 3:48 am

If you are referring to The Shadowlands movie, then the movie was definitely doctored up and changed quite a bit. I would suggest getting a good biography on Lewis.

What specifically do you want to know about Lewis' relationship with Joy and her children? How they all met? What their home life was like?

You could do a search for threads about Joy and Jack with the Search button. We talk about them quite often really. (Of course, we argue about Mrs. Moore more often. :rolleyes: )

The relationship between Jack and Joy was quite romantic, I think; and not in the pathetic sappy way that most people think of romance these days. Their relationship had some real substance to it. If you've read any of Lewis' writings at all, you know he's a romantic realist, and Joy wrote poetry, so there you are. :wink: They must have been a giddy, romantic, hopelessly-in-love, stolen-kiss type of couple. :pleased:
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby Bill » November 10th, 2006, 10:42 am

You might do worse than read Lenten Lands by Douglas Gresham.

Obviously he writes from a child's point of view and is therefore possibly not completely objective but it is interesting nevertheless.

Bill
Time is the fire in which we burn!

Bill
Wardrobian

Postby Leslie » November 10th, 2006, 5:34 pm

I've heard that Douglas Gresham said that although some of the facts were changed in Shadowlands, it was emotionally spot on.
"What are you laughing at?"
"At myself. My little puny self," said Phillipa.
--Rumer Godden, In This House of Brede
Leslie
Wardrobian

Return to Questions & Answers