This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Lewis & Liturgy

Lewis & Liturgy

Postby footsore » 30 Jan 2007, 01:44

Please / Thanks:

Somewhere along the line in one of his writings, I read Lewis's comments about his response to people who questioned why he remained in the Anglican confession: That even though there were times when attending service and reciting the creed(s)/liturgy/etc., seemed unsatisfying and barren, he had concluded that just by going and doing and being there good could come of it, even if a particular day/time didn't particular "move" him.

Would appreciate if anyone could provide source for that (perhaps poorly reported) passage.

Thanks.
ne
footsore

Re: Lewis & Liturgy

Postby Paul F. Ford » 10 Feb 2007, 17:14

footsore wrote:Somewhere along the line in one of his writings, I read Lewis's comments about his response to people who questioned why he remained in the Anglican confession: That even though there were times when attending service and reciting the creed(s)/liturgy/etc., seemed unsatisfying and barren, he had concluded that just by going and doing and being there good could come of it, even if a particular day/time didn't particular "move" him.

Would appreciate if anyone could provide source for that (perhaps poorly reported) passage.

Thanks.
ne

Are you thinking of Letter Twenty-one in Letters to Malcolm: Chiefly on Prayer?
Paul Ford—self-appointed president of the "245-3617 Club" and proud member of the "245-6317 Club"; author of the Companion to Narnia and the Pocket Companion to Narnia.
Paul F. Ford
Wardrobian

Postby footsore » 10 Feb 2007, 18:37

Am not certain. I shall have to locate the book and see.

Thanks.
footsore

Return to Questions & Answers