This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Why?

Why?

Postby cbaganz » 23 Mar 2007, 15:25

:sad: won't some one reply to "C.S. Lewis"? "My thing"
cbaganz

Postby john » 23 Mar 2007, 15:47

Seems you only waited 15 minutes before becoming impatient.

You do realize you could have just found this information yourself if you just did a little reading? :thinking:
john (aka DrZeus)
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby carol » 23 Mar 2007, 22:53

Could I explain to this guest that a forum is different from a chat room.

In a chat room, there is probably someone sitting about waiting to answer. On a forum, there may not be; it is like a series of notes left by people.

From long experience here, I can recommend that a polite and gracious question is more likely to get a positive answer.
I can also recommend that visitors needing information LOOK in the excellent menu files here (considered to be the best online source of Lewis information).
Would you walk into your local library and call out "Hey, I want a book to read!" ?
carol
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » 23 Mar 2007, 23:11

carol wrote:Would you walk into your local library and call out "Hey, I want a book to read!" ?

That's what I do. And the exact book that I want always appears magically before me. :wink:
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby john » 23 Mar 2007, 23:14

A#minor wrote:That's what I do. And the exact book that I want always appears magically before me. :wink:

Yeah, well, your local librarian is obviously trained better than any of us. :tongue:
john (aka DrZeus)
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby Shadowland Dweller » 25 Mar 2007, 07:44

carol,you always have such polite replies and manage to praise the wardrobe in the process :smile:
Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Postby carol » 25 Mar 2007, 09:47

*takes a bow*

I've been practising.

But this site deserves to be praised. It's an excellent source of information.
carol
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » 25 Mar 2007, 17:44

Shadowland Dweller wrote:carol,you always have such polite replies and manage to praise the wardrobe in the process :smile:

You know, I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw Carol's diplomatic reply. Well done, Carol! We could all take a lesson in manners from you.
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby carol » 25 Mar 2007, 19:30

:blush:

I have learned, from helping new people on Narniaweb, that the reason people ask apparently silly questions is not necessarily that they are lazy or stupid, but they are on a new site and really don't know where or how to look for the information which is so obviously (to us) available.

It is still annoying! Generally it's probably better to give them the benefit of the doubt. I don't always feel gracious though! :smile:

I guess that there must be lots of people who DO come here and use the information without having to ask questions, and that these are the tip of the iceberg of visitors. We still get some staggering questions here, and yet how can we expect a young student to know the "obvious" things we know about Lewis - even that he died 40 years ago.
carol
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » 25 Mar 2007, 19:35

carol wrote:We still get some staggering questions here, and yet how can we expect a young student to know the "obvious" things we know about Lewis - even that he died 40 years ago.

Ha! Ha! I love it when people think he's still alive. It's so funny! :rolleyes:
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby john » 25 Mar 2007, 21:23

You folks don't know the half of it. I should post samples of the emails I get almost every day! :rolleyes:
john (aka DrZeus)
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby Sven » 25 Mar 2007, 21:44

Remember the one that said "Mr. Lewis, I love your books! I want to have your baby!"

That was just before you bought that tweed suit, wasn't it?
Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven
Wardrobian

Postby john » 25 Mar 2007, 21:53

Yup, and it was about the same time that I switched my aftershave to Hi Karate.
john (aka DrZeus)
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby Shadowland Dweller » 26 Mar 2007, 17:34

john wrote:You folks don't know the half of it. I should post samples of the emails I get almost every day! :rolleyes:

That would be a fun thread to view :toothy-grin:
Shadowland Dweller
Wardrobian

Postby carol » 26 Mar 2007, 19:03

I remember some of the emails you used to display on the old site. Any chance you could put a link to a collection of them again? although I think they were mostly very positive comments about the site... but that's fine too!
carol
Wardrobian

Next

Return to Questions & Answers