This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Interested in making a C.S. Lewis Quotes Facebook App

Interested in making a C.S. Lewis Quotes Facebook App

Postby aToaster » 27 Dec 2007, 09:00

This question probably goes out to John. I was thinking it would be neat to have a C.S. Lewis random quote Facebook application. I don't think it would be a hard script to write up. I noticed you had a quote generator on the front of the page. Did you have to get permission from the C.S. Lewis Company? Any possibility of sharing the quote database? Anyways, just wondering. Thanks =)
aToaster
Wardrobian

Postby john » 27 Dec 2007, 16:30

Hi, aToaster.

Nice idea. To answer your questions: yes, I did get permission from the C. S. Lewis Company (back in 1999 or so), and unfortunately, no, I cannot share the database with you or anybody else.
john (aka DrZeus)
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Postby carol » 27 Dec 2007, 21:48

The C.S.Lewis company is very protective of its product, and it is unwise to use it without permission.
carol
Wardrobian

Postby aToaster » 27 Dec 2007, 23:53

That's fine, I was just looking into the possibilities. Thanks though.
aToaster
Wardrobian

Re: Interested in making a C.S. Lewis Quotes Facebook App

Postby splashen » 10 Jun 2008, 22:25

aToaster wrote:This question probably goes out to John. I was thinking it would be neat to have a C.S. Lewis random quote Facebook application. I don't think it would be a hard script to write up. I noticed you had a quote generator on the front of the page. Did you have to get permission from the C.S. Lewis Company? Any possibility of sharing the quote database? Anyways, just wondering. Thanks =)

Have you put it up yet? If you have, can you send an "application invitation" to me?

I'm on Facebook.com also. My name is Carolyn Barratt, & my network is 'Toronto.' :smile:
splashen
Wardrobian

Postby john » 11 Jun 2008, 01:18

^ This was 6 months ago...and unless aToaster received permission to use the quotes, chances are this application wasn't made. You can easily search Facebook's apps to see yourself.
john (aka DrZeus)
Chief Wardrobian
john
Chief Wardrobian

Return to Questions & Answers