This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Lewis on God demanding worship...

Lewis on God demanding worship...

Postby Argh » January 4th, 2008, 7:18 pm

I am looking for a statement by Lewis concerning the worship of God. As I recall, he said something about it bothering him, early on, that God wanted to be worshiped. Lewis noted that demanding worship would never be tolerated in a human--yet we accept it as being part of God's nature.

He then went on to resolve it in his writing. I would GUESS it was in Mere Christianity. My wife, who is a bigger Lewis fan than I, says I am making it up.

Anyone know where it is? Please don't tell me my wife is right. I need to be right once in a while!!! :wink:
Argh

Postby repectabiggle » January 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm

It's from Reflections on the Psalms, chapter IX, titled "A Word About Praising.
repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Postby Argh » January 4th, 2008, 7:24 pm

Wow -- thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. Weird, though, I've never read Reflections on the Psalms. I would guess that either I heard/read it from a secondary source, or that he says it more than once.

In any case, you've been a GREAT help. It's good to be right once in a while :wink:
Argh

Postby repectabiggle » January 4th, 2008, 7:27 pm

repectabiggle
Wardrobian

Return to Questions & Answers