This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Continuing the conversation with gkearn(I think)

Continuing the conversation with gkearn(I think)

Postby AllanS » August 20th, 2005, 11:40 pm

Those who imagine they don't take a leap of faith perplex me, quite frankly.

What evidence do you have that Jesus spoke to Saul?

Why not rather believe that Gabriel spoke to Mohamed? This claim is much more likely, by the way. It doesn't involve inherent contradictions: One God who is Three, an immortal God who dies, an omnipotent God who needs rest, and an omniscient God who doesn't know everything. And Islam is quite in line with the OT too. i.e. Obey these rules or we'll kill you. And then God-the-Ever-Compassionate will kill you some more.

Nonetheless, I reject Islam and embrace Christ because, as far as I can see, Mohamed was a nasty piece of work and Islam (Submit!) says it all.

On the other hand, Jesus willingly gave his life for his friends and enemies alike, and grace says it all. I love him for it. I can't know if he's God-made-flesh, or whether there's a Heaven, or whether there's a thousand things out there beyond my finite grasp. And my ignorance no longer bothers me. My present life keeps me quite busy enough. I eat, drink, and find satisfaction in my labours all the days of this life whose ultimate meaning is beyond my power to discern.

Would Mohamed have said "Father, forgive them" if he had been tortured to death? If there's ever a vote for Godhood, Jesus has mine ten times over.
AllanS

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy