This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Some thougts on Intelligent Design...

Postby magpie » September 14th, 2005, 3:49 pm

It is not just evolution which I do not find to be in conflict with faith at the deepest levels. I have been looking into many theories of modern physics, especially superstring/M theory, and with every new idea which is presented, I see greater and greater evidence of God's activity and power (even though the writers of this material are not even attempting to address theological questions). The heavens are indeed telling the glory of God!

Two weeks from now, I will be attending this year's Nobel Conference at Gustavus Adolphus College which will be a celebration of the 100th anniversary of Einstein's announcement of Special Relativity. And at least one of the speakers (perhaps two) will be addressing the theological implications of modern physics. I am so excited that I can hardly wait!
"Love is the will to extend one's self in order to nurture one's own or another's spiritual growth."
M. Scott Peck

Member of the Religious Tolerance Cabal of the Wardrobe
magpie
Wardrobian

Postby John Anthony » September 14th, 2005, 4:17 pm

John Anthony
Wardrobian

Postby magpie » September 14th, 2005, 4:38 pm

"Love is the will to extend one's self in order to nurture one's own or another's spiritual growth."
M. Scott Peck

Member of the Religious Tolerance Cabal of the Wardrobe
magpie
Wardrobian

Postby John Anthony » September 14th, 2005, 5:49 pm

John Anthony
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy