This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Couple Questions Regarding Christianity

Couple Questions Regarding Christianity

Postby mike0305 » September 7th, 2005, 11:56 pm

mike0305

Postby Leslie » September 8th, 2005, 12:10 am

"What are you laughing at?"
"At myself. My little puny self," said Phillipa.
--Rumer Godden, In This House of Brede
Leslie
Wardrobian

Postby kit kalen » September 17th, 2005, 9:44 pm

kit kalen

Postby Ian » September 17th, 2005, 9:55 pm

Ian

Postby HeartInkling » September 18th, 2005, 11:42 am

[/quote]Upgraded instinct. God's big gift to humankind (and ultimately, our stumbling block), displayed in the first few chapters of the Bible, is the gift of free will, to make decisions outside of our preprogramming. Without free will there is no sin, so therefore no need for Christ's sacrifice. True love ("agape love" which God wants from his followers) requires free will. You cannot truly love without free will. Love is central to the Christian faith.[/quote]

This is just a slightly different take on free will from anything I've heard before. Just different enough to be logical and wonderful. I think I had a :idea: moment. :pleased:

Thanks very much.
Of course I've been too close to see, the answers right in front of me! ~~Jack Skellington

You will be a decided improvement over that treacherous Sally. We'll have conversations *worth* having. ~ Dr. Finklestein to his new creation after giving her part of his own brain.
HeartInkling
Wardrobian

Postby kit kalen » September 20th, 2005, 10:58 pm

kit kalen

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy