This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

The Two-Way Mirror: More on the CONCEPT of God

head-knowledge/heart-knowledge

Postby Shieldmaiden » September 27th, 2005, 4:14 am

Shieldmaiden

re: The Two-Way Mirror: More on the CONCEPT of God

Postby sehoy » September 27th, 2005, 9:46 am

cor meum vigilat
sehoy

Re: The Two-Way Mirror: More on the CONCEPT of God

Postby Josh » September 28th, 2005, 5:28 pm

Josh
Wardrobian

Postby gskern » September 28th, 2005, 8:26 pm

Josh, Sehoy, and Little Lamb:

Thanks for three good responses. I will indeed ponder the wisdom of your words...

I, for one, cannot escape the hard realities:
God, for SOME unexplained reason, does NOT appear to me in the interrogation room, though I DO believe He is behind the mirror; and I suppose if you count the Invisible (imperceptible) then I suppose He IS in the room, too...

But when it comes to INTER-ACTING with Him, it simply MUST, by definition, be in ways that we can even begin to DESCRIBE, else we don't know what we're talking about ( I heard someone say recently, "God is utterly incomprehensible"... Really? Then, UM, precisely Who or What IS it that is "incomprehensible" ?? He/It must be at least a LITTLE comprehensible, or we wouldn't be able to begin talking about Him/It)...

And those few, limited ways in which we can sort of talk about God might INTER-ACT with us are, in my view, highly suspect (wish fulfillment, self-caused belief, functions of the Mind, wassabi, etc. etc.)...OR, it could actually and indeed be GOD... We just can't KNOW....

And how can a "relationship" exist in such Doubt-able conditions? As I said before, at least 2 independent, sentient Beings have to SHOW UP and begin mutually INTERFACING with each other -- on some mutual "plane of reality" (Time and Space) -- before anything like "relationship" can be said to exist at all...

So perhaps, in the end, we should scrap this concept of "Relationship", for Intellectual Honesty reasons, yet LIVE "as if" God is Above me, Within me, and All Around me (because we believe He is), and whose Glory is revealed here and there and everywhere (as we have eyes to see it...).

Whaddya think?
gskern
Wardrobian

Postby AllanS » September 28th, 2005, 9:06 pm

AllanS

Postby sehoy » September 29th, 2005, 8:06 am

cor meum vigilat
sehoy

Postby Genie » September 29th, 2005, 8:31 am

Totus tuus

Member of the Religious Tolerance Cabal of the Wardrobe
Genie
Wardrobian

Postby sehoy » September 29th, 2005, 9:06 am

cor meum vigilat
sehoy

Postby Genie » September 29th, 2005, 9:11 am

Totus tuus

Genie
Wardrobian

Re: re: The Two-Way Mirror: More on the CONCEPT of God

Postby robsia » September 29th, 2005, 12:05 pm

robsia
Wardrobian

Postby gskern » September 29th, 2005, 2:15 pm

Sehoy:

I've consistently said, throughout this Thread (and others), that it's not that I DON'T believe we (I) can have "IT" (if, by "it", you're referring to a "relationship" with God), it's that I don't believe we can KNOW, for certain, that what we're experiencing is, in fact, God... those "experiences" are, in my mind, just as easily explained by other things...

And as we've discussed, "relationship" has some very specific parameters, such as the two Beings manifesting themselves to one another, in the same Time and Space, and choosing a mutually understandable and CLEAR communication medium, and then the two Beings using that medium (in the same Space and Time) to communicate messages to one another that could only have come from the Sender (at least, so highly Probable that other explanations are just plain silly... if I see and hear the guy in the cube across from me Sneeze, do I really need to debate where the Sound came from??)

And again, I don't have a "problem" along these lines... This thread is a discussion of Ideas, not a cry for Help...
gskern
Wardrobian

Postby Genie » September 29th, 2005, 2:52 pm

Totus tuus

Genie
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy