This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Just to bring a smile

Just to bring a smile

Postby Donna » October 2nd, 2005, 3:03 am

Show and Tell:
A kindergarten teacher gave her class a "show and tell" assignment. Each student was instructed to bring in an object to share with the class that represented their religion. The first student got up in front of the class and said, "My name is Benjamin and I am Jewish and this is a Star of David." The second student got up in front of the class and said, "My name is Mary. I'm a Catholic and this is a Rosary." The third student got in up front of the class and said, "My name is Tommy. I am Methodist, and this is a casserole."

The Best Way To Pray:
A priest, a minister and a guru sat discussing the best positions for prayer, while a telephone repairman worked nearby. "Kneeling is definitely the best way to pray," the priest said. "No," said the minister. "I get the best results standing with my hands outstretched to Heaven." "You're both wrong," the guru said. "The most effective prayer position is lying down on the floor." The repairman could contain himself no longer. "Hey, fellas," he interrupted. "The best prayin' I ever did was when I was hangin' upside down from a telephone pole."

The Picnic:
A Jewish Rabbi and a Catholic Priest met at the town's annual 4th of July picnic. Old friends, they began their usual banter. "This baked ham is really delicious," the priest teased the rabbi. "You really ought try it. I know it's against your religion, but I can't understand why such a wonderful food should be forbidden! You don't know what you're missing. You just haven't lived until you've tried Mrs. Hall's prized Virginia Baked Ham. Tell me, Rabbi, when are you going to break down and try it?" The rabbi looked at the priest with a big grin, and said, "At your wedding."

The USHER:
An elderly woman walked into the local country church. The friendly usher greeted her at the door and helped her up the flight of steps. "Where would you like to sit?" he asked politely. "The front row please," she answered. "You really don't want to do that," the usher said. "The pastor is really boring." "Do you happen to know who I am?" the woman inquired. "No." he said. "I'm the pastor's mother," she replied indignantly. "Do you know who I am?" he asked. "No." she said. "Good," he answered.
Blessings
Donna

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Donna
Wardrobian

re: Just to bring a smile

Postby A#minor » October 2nd, 2005, 3:24 am

Ha! That's great! Thanks for sharing that.
The casserole is also the symbol for Baptists, I think. :grin:
"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » October 2nd, 2005, 12:28 pm

:)
Rat! he found breath to whisper, shaking. Are you afraid?
Afraid? murmured the Rat, his eyes shining with unutterable love.
Afraid! Of Him? O, never, never! And yet -- and yet -- O, Mole, I am afraid!
Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Postby jo » October 2nd, 2005, 12:46 pm

I told this one on the temp wardrobe forum but some of you won't have seen it so I will tell it again :)

Two Priests were standing on the corner of a remote road holding a sign which read 'The End is Near.' An atheist was driving towards them and, as he read the sign, he gave them the finger. Ten seconds later there was a splash as the atheist drove off the road and straight into a lake. The first priest turned to the other and said 'I told you 'Bridge out ahead' would have made more sense...'
"I saw it begin,” said the Lord Digory. “I did not think I would live to see it die"

jo
Wardrobian

Postby Tony » October 2nd, 2005, 10:27 pm

"The Church is the natural home of the Human Spirit."
-Hilaire Belloc
Tony
Wardrobian

Re: re: Just to bring a smile

Postby Sven » October 2nd, 2005, 10:47 pm

Then the two animals, crouching to the earth, bowed their heads and did worship.
Sven

Postby tangent » October 2nd, 2005, 11:12 pm

I enjoyed those a lot thanks.
tangent
Wardrobian

Postby Karen » October 2nd, 2005, 11:22 pm

I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. -- Jorge Luis Borges
Karen
Wardrobian

Postby Sven » October 2nd, 2005, 11:28 pm

Do you have at least 3 flavors of Jello in your pantry?
Sven

Postby Karen » October 3rd, 2005, 1:55 am

I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. -- Jorge Luis Borges
Karen
Wardrobian

Postby A#minor » October 3rd, 2005, 2:35 am

"My brain and this world don't fit each other, and there's an end of it!" - G.K. Chesterton
A#minor
Wardrobian

Postby Leslie » October 3rd, 2005, 2:48 am

Never eaten a casserole??? :shocked:

*cannot imagine life, Christian or otherwise, without casseroles*
"What are you laughing at?"
"At myself. My little puny self," said Phillipa.
--Rumer Godden, In This House of Brede
Leslie
Wardrobian

Postby Donna » October 3rd, 2005, 10:31 am

Blessings
Donna

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Donna
Wardrobian

Postby robsia » October 3rd, 2005, 1:09 pm

robsia
Wardrobian

Postby Karen » October 3rd, 2005, 1:26 pm

Karen
Wardrobian

Next

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy