This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Anti-Evolution RC Cardinal Issues Clarification

Re: re: Anti-Evolution RC Cardinal Issues Clarification

Postby John Anthony » October 29th, 2005, 8:50 pm

John Anthony
Wardrobian

re: Anti-Evolution RC Cardinal Issues Clarification

Postby sehoy » October 29th, 2005, 9:12 pm

I'm not issuing an ultimatum and I've been here a lot longer than you J. A. I know what I've seen here and I've talked with Dr.Zeus about it on several occasions including the one, in which I was put on moderator approval in order to post for a while. Please Note: the moderator at the time decided not to post any of my offerings during that time.

I have nothing else to say.
cor meum vigilat
sehoy

Postby sehoy » October 29th, 2005, 9:30 pm

I've been here longer than Karen too.
cor meum vigilat
sehoy

Postby John Anthony » October 29th, 2005, 11:18 pm

John Anthony
Wardrobian

Postby John Anthony » November 4th, 2005, 12:56 am

New observations from the Vatican on religion and science. Excerpt:

‘A Vatican cardinal said Thursday the faithful should listen to what secular modern science has to offer, warning that religion risks turning into "fundamentalism" if it ignores scientific reason.

‘Cardinal Paul Poupard, who heads the Pontifical Council for Culture, made the comments at a news conference on a Vatican project to help end the "mutual prejudice" between religion and science that has long bedeviled the Roman Catholic Church and is part of the evolution debate in the United States.

‘The Vatican project was inspired by Pope John Paul II's 1992 declaration that the church's 17th-century denunciation of Galileo was an error resulting from "tragic mutual incomprehension." Galileo was condemned for supporting Nicolaus Copernicus' discovery that the Earth revolved around the sun; church teaching at the time placed Earth at the center of the universe.

‘"The permanent lesson that the Galileo case represents pushes us to keep alive the dialogue between the various disciplines, and in particular between theology and the natural sciences, if we want to prevent similar episodes from repeating themselves in the future," Poupard said.

‘But he said science, too, should listen to religion.’

John Anthony
Wardrobian

Postby c » November 4th, 2005, 2:29 am

c
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy