This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Does God beleive in us?

Does God beleive in us?

Postby gnoll » October 18th, 2005, 10:36 pm

gnoll
Wardrobian

re: Does God beleive in us?

Postby Tony » October 19th, 2005, 1:12 am

"The Church is the natural home of the Human Spirit."
-Hilaire Belloc
Tony
Wardrobian

Re: Does God beleive in us?

Postby Karen » October 19th, 2005, 1:41 am

Hi gnoll. It seems to me that your pastor is using the word 'believe' in two different ways. Our belief in God is, among other things, the trusting faith that He exists. God doesn't 'believe' in us in that sense of the word - He created us, so there is no need for Him to have that kind of faith. Perhaps your pastor meant that God believes in us in the way that we might say to another person "I believe in you", meaning that we are encouraging them, telling them that we love them, etc. In that sense, yes, God 'believes in us', although I wouldn't have put it quite that way. :)

2 Thess 2:16-17 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts and establish them in every good work and word.
I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. -- Jorge Luis Borges
Karen
Wardrobian

re: Does God beleive in us?

Postby robsia » October 19th, 2005, 11:55 am

robsia
Wardrobian

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy