This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

How does Jesus save?

Re: re: How does Jesus save?

Postby Karen » January 6th, 2006, 5:39 pm

I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. -- Jorge Luis Borges
Karen
Wardrobian

re: How does Jesus save?

Postby twiceborn » January 6th, 2006, 6:34 pm

Karen, I appreciate your response and expect there will be others that will also comment. The fact of the matter is truly whether one is saved or not.......not whether they've done good deeds. We are not saved by good works but by accepting Christ as our Propitiation; our Redeemer. God is more than able to use even the devil to accomplish His will. There may many non-Christians that are doing things that God uses for His Own purpose but they are still.........non-Christians.
<><TwiceBorn<><
Lean not to your own understanding but in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path.....proverbs
twiceborn
Wardrobian

Postby Karen » January 6th, 2006, 7:14 pm

I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. -- Jorge Luis Borges
Karen
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » January 6th, 2006, 7:20 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

Postby Karen » January 6th, 2006, 7:52 pm

Karen
Wardrobian

Postby watcher6938 » January 6th, 2006, 8:18 pm

Karen - I think you misunderstood when I said God uses evil ACTS for good. I never said evil people. We are all the proud owners of a fallen nature our capacity for blatent and sometimes down right creative sin may all be at diffrent levels. However, God can not abide with ANY sin. I never said atheists were "evil". In a Christian world view they are my neighbors. Everyone here knows whats implied there. Once more they are no more evil than I am. However, my heart belongs to another and this allows good works THROUGH me. Always enjoy hearing your opinion.
watcher6938
Wardrobian

Postby sehoy » January 6th, 2006, 8:22 pm

Karen! A fellow infidel! :shocked: I've read just about everything C.S.Lewis wrote, but not the CON. Is it possible I'm not the only one?
cor meum vigilat
sehoy

Postby watcher6938 » January 6th, 2006, 8:24 pm

watcher6938
Wardrobian

Postby Karen » January 6th, 2006, 8:39 pm

Karen
Wardrobian

Postby Karen » January 6th, 2006, 8:46 pm

Karen
Wardrobian

Postby sehoy » January 6th, 2006, 8:58 pm

Karen!

I think that must be it. I think I'm not a fantasy person either. My favorit-ist are the Weight of Glory and Transposition and the Abolition of Man, and I have loved all his non-fiction. I read the one about the Aslan singing things into creation and I thought that was beautiful, but that's as far as I could go. Same with Tolkien too. Read the first part of The Hobbit, and liked the images, but just couldn't get into it.

So! You are an outsider [sort of] too! :)

Shakespear was my fiction guy.
cor meum vigilat
sehoy

Postby Karen » January 6th, 2006, 9:14 pm

Karen
Wardrobian

Postby sehoy » January 6th, 2006, 10:02 pm

J-ein [part ja & nein which means yes and no.]

Yes, in that we have found each other; but also no, in that, it is not a problem and we are not victims. :grin:
cor meum vigilat
sehoy

Postby Genie » January 6th, 2006, 10:17 pm

Interesting! I haven't read Lewis' theological writings (had tried a few pages of Mere Christianity and couldn't go on due to certain incomprehension by me). :blush:
Love CoN! (so am I to be infidel too???)
Totus tuus

Member of the Religious Tolerance Cabal of the Wardrobe
Genie
Wardrobian

Postby Stanley Anderson » January 6th, 2006, 10:25 pm

…on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a fair green country under a swift sunrise.
Stanley Anderson
Wardrobian

PreviousNext

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy