This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

Is religion good for you?

Is religion good for you?

Postby Karen » January 18th, 2006, 11:35 pm

I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library. -- Jorge Luis Borges
Karen
Wardrobian

re: Is religion good for you?

Postby Polarbeast » January 19th, 2006, 1:53 am

One might also ask whether religion offers these benefits, or whether having faith offers these benefits.

It doesn't surprise me, since I would dare to say that communities that are fairly monolithic in their religious beliefs (such as small rural towns) are also likely to be similar in their racial makeup.

In more populated situations, where religions are varied and the populace is mixed, the numbers are also going to be mixed, both high and low. It mentions the anomaly of "ethnic communities" and that they do not share the higher income levels and education; that tells me that an underlying current of racism in this country is what defines such things, not how much we all go to church.

Polarbeast
Polarbeast
Wardrobian

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy