This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

A profound thort. (I like it, anyway.)

re: A profound thort. (I like it, anyway.)

Postby AllanS » February 19th, 2006, 7:58 am

Hi Adam,

Interesting. Christ is "the image". We're "made in the image". Therefore, we're "made in Christ." I'm not sure what that actually means, but it's certainly worth pondering.

If "being made in the image of God" means "being made in the presence of God", why didn't the author simply say so? Actually, it seems redundant. If we're made by God, we're obviously in his presence.

But even granting that view, to be in the presence of God will be completely meaningless unless information about God actually gets into our head. Such information has to be of the sort that we little people can swallow. As I said before, the point of intersection between man and God has to be man-shaped. This point of contact is the Humanity of God, the true Man-of-God, Christ, the Mediator between God and man.
AllanS

Re: re: A profound thort. (I like it, anyway.)

Postby Adam » February 19th, 2006, 6:42 pm

Hi Allan,

I think the answer to what it means to be made in Christ and made in the presence of God is the same. That is, to the latter, that we are not made while in the presence of God, nor are we made while in the immediate vicinity of God, but rather we are made within the current existence of God, that is to finally say, we were made in the image of God just as a child is made in the womb.

And thus being made in Christ means that we are made to be in Christ, that we are his hands, his feet, his body. As messiah he called all of human existence upon himself, so as the sanctified we dwell in Him, identify with Him, relate to the Father in Him. As they are Jacob, we are Jesus.
"Love is the only art that poorly imitates nature."
Adam
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy