This forum was closed on October 1st, 2010. However, the archives are open to the public and filled with vast amounts of good reading and information for you to enjoy. If you wish to meet some Wardrobians, please visit the Into the Wardrobe Facebook group.

nice people or new men (and women!)

re: nice people or new men (and women!)

Postby WolfVanZandt » March 18th, 2006, 6:35 am

WolfVanZandt
Wardrobian

Postby Pete » March 18th, 2006, 1:58 pm

Yes, I agree with what you're saying. I think I just took hold of the word "striving" and was thinking along the lines of - striving to act like you have faith in God (etc). Where as striving in another sense, is a very real and necessary thing we need to do in obedience and in faith - as has already been noted. ;)

I guess it kinda shows it's silly to jump on one word (like I did), doesn't it? :blush:
Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby WolfVanZandt » March 18th, 2006, 5:06 pm

WolfVanZandt
Wardrobian

Postby *~Diamond in the Rough~* » March 18th, 2006, 6:10 pm

Today I went to IKEA and hid in the wardrobes, and every time someone opened the doors I welcomed them to Narnia!!
*~Diamond in the Rough~*
Wardrobian

Location: The corner of 'No and where' (WA) The REAL Washington

Re: re: nice people or new men (and women!)

Postby Pete » March 19th, 2006, 4:06 am

Member of The 2456317 Club

Pete
Wardrobian

Postby WolfVanZandt » March 19th, 2006, 6:40 am

One of the most effective ministry tools I've ever seen is for the world to see Christian lives. In a bike rally, worldly bikers are looking for something - often its an end to pain. So they're doing everything they can to feel good and nothing works and they look over and see a bunch of Christian bikers having a ball and even making others feel good and they come over to see what the difference is, and we get to tell the about Christ.

The world needs to see Christians suffer so that they can see that there is hope. They need to see the hope in Christians' lives when they go through bad times and they need to see how God brings them through.....

Because the only way the world can see God clearly is through the lenz of Christians' lives.
WolfVanZandt
Wardrobian

Re: re: nice people or new men (and women!)

Postby StrawberryRose » March 21st, 2006, 1:45 am

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
StrawberryRose
Wardrobian

Postby chad » July 27th, 2006, 9:34 pm

I know this thread has not been going on in a while but I read it and just wanted to recommend a book. It's called "Inside Out" by Larry Crabb. It's a simple book, simply written, but it is a freeing reminder that heaven isn't here and now. He says that, simliarly as people preach 'health and wealth', there is also a spiritualized version of the same principle - if we could just grow more in our faith in Christ, just try to do more and serve more, then we would attain to a state of spiritual ease. Trials that come our way would be more like stepping stones for us to run across. He says that instead of relying on God for the strength to persevere through trials, we ask for the strength to get out of them. Life on this fallen planet will be a constant groan for completed redemption. If we stop groaning, he says, we've stopped being real and we can't say with honesty that we know what it is to hunger for heaven, because we've been trying to be 'happy' with making this life great. Reading this was so relieving to my constant underlying angst about my apparent lack of spiritual growth. It has also given me a new strength in facing temptation. Peter said 'fix your hope completely on the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ'.
chad
Wardrobian

Postby Iris » July 27th, 2006, 10:47 pm

Member of the 2456317 club. I got yelled at for explaining what this was, so if you want to know I guess you'll have to ask.

“Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.”
Iris
Wardrobian

Previous

Return to Religion, Science, and Philosophy